Thain on CNBC: longer work hours for you in '06

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by wilburbear, Dec 7, 2005.

1. one thing that these geniuses miss is that it is the same chunk of dough trading all the different products...

the more products there are to trade the less money there is to allocate to each vehicle...

volume split over all the different exchanges and products...the less per trader...

it's like passing around the same dollar in the room....

#21     Dec 7, 2005
  2. Normally a chunk of dough rises and increases in volume... or am I too much of a smart ass now? :p

#22     Dec 7, 2005
  3. I have to disagree.

Would there be the same amount of volume on listed stocks if all the trading was done on the floor and there were no ECNs? Different exchanges respond to the needs of trades and in doing so increase overall volume.

Your point is more valid when it comes to the indexes. I wish that the CBOE would get rid of their index options and all that volume could migrate to futures options. The floor trading options exchanges are just generally a pain for electronic option traders.

#23     Dec 7, 2005
  4. clever...

#24     Dec 7, 2005
  5. Gee I have enough trouble getting here at 0845AM. Now you mean to tell me I have to be in this damned thing from 7:45-6? :mad:

Oh well... more time to pick ur nose, take a long lunch, smoke some cigars, watch the midtown chix walk on 5th ave.....

Thanks Thain.

#25     Dec 7, 2005
  6. This is just the first move to close the floor.

#26     Dec 7, 2005
  7. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

These guys are ready for Extended Trading hours:

[​IMG]

#27     Dec 23, 2005