Thailand calls on Asia-Pacific region to dump USD as reserve currency, adopt Yuan.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by MohdSalleh, Nov 15, 2010.

1. http://www.fms.treas.gov/gold/current.html

by the way, there are 32,000 ounces in a ton.

#11     Nov 15, 2010
  2. The United States Bullion Depository commonly called Fort Knox, is a fortified vault building located adjacent to Fort Knox, Kentucky, which is used to store a large portion of United States official gold reserves and, occasionally, other precious items belonging or entrusted to the federal government.
    The United States Bullion Depository holds about 4,603 tons (4,176 metric tonnes) of gold bullion (147.4 million troy ounces[1]). It is second in the United States only to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York's underground vault in Manhattan, which holds about 5,000 metric tonnes of gold in trust for many foreign nations, central banks and official international organizations...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Bullion_Depository

#12     Nov 15, 2010
  3. Looks like I am wrong. :D

#13     Nov 15, 2010
  4. it happens.

#14     Nov 15, 2010
  5. what outside source, news story, or video clip showing your claims do you have?

would like to see these, and where those conclusions were drawn from, because other than being on that delegation and knowing those claims, then

where would you get that / those statements / conclusions from?

#15     Nov 16, 2010
  6. LeeD

LeeD

This is the main reason behind the prime minister's statement. He wants China to relax currency controls and offers using renminby in currency reserves as a bait.

Currently, China prohibits taking renminby out of the country and bank accounts in renminby cannot be opened outside China (except they have been allowed in Hong-Kong since this summer).

Naturally, to people involved in trade with china ability to hold renminby would be a great benefit. Renminby notes already circulate in Thailand without China's approval.

#16     Nov 16, 2010
  7. We are the product of our environment; our views are the direct results of what we see, read, and be told. You will not learn if you get your info from U.S. media only. Best suggestion I have is to read from sources where they have neutral standing on the issues, such as Singaporean media, in addition to U.S./Western media.

#17     Nov 16, 2010
  8. and posts to those sources you used to draw those conclusions?

so that we can read same and perhaps either agree with your conclusions or otherwise?

----

so, those posts would be?, where again?, in specific, not generic or generalized.....

specific articles from abroad, or whatever

#18     Nov 16, 2010
  9. I ahve been tracking the U.S.-China matching for a few months. What I said in the original posting was the conclusion I draw from that experience. It takes effort to list them, which I do not want to do it. Be your own judge and decide what to believe.

#19     Nov 16, 2010