TGT

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by dealmaker, Dec 14, 2017.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

Target to buy grocery delivery startup Shipt
    Target is paying $550 million to acquire grocery delivery startup Shipt, moving to match services that have been rolled out by rivals Amazon and Walmart. Shipt, like rival Instacart, uses thousands of contractors to buy products at retail stores and deliver them to customers. It charges a $99 membership fee and its shoppers buys products from local stores, including grocers like Kroger and Costco.(Wall Street Journal)

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. ONE year TGT chart is down+ down........; WMT is up:D

dealmaker likes this.
  3. toc

toc

Grocery from Target? first comes the grocery super chains and then Walmart. Target can't beat them in prices. Wrong move by management, just like TGT going into Canada and trying to find a niche between Walmart and high end stores like Bay and ended up losing $2B in the canadian venture.

If Costco and likes start to deliver, they will give a run for money even to Walmart and grocery chains.

Is TGT going to $90 or $25? We will be watching !!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    dealmaker and murray t turtle like this.
  4. %%
    The TGT trend is toward $25;
    tough sector= retail LOL. Did an AMZN order today. I see on IBD; TGT has had bad earnings + down 13.4% YTD+ 101% debt.

ET180 and dealmaker like this.
  5. dealmaker

dealmaker

6. Cuddles

Cuddles

They should spend that money on financial advisors

7. these companies don't realize it's not about service. it is about the price. they could provide sensual massage service in their stores, if the price of their merchandises are not competitive enough, then they ain't going to attract a lot of customers. the reason Wal-mart and AMZN are successful because their margin is good, so try to find way to keep the cost and the price down, then customers would come.

murray t turtle and Cuddles like this.
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

I laugh at anyone thumbing their nose at me because they choose to spend more for the same product because walmart is beneath them and target provides a safe space for their presumptuousness.

9. S2007S

S2007S

Just like Walmart threw away billions for jet.com, Target just through away $550,000,000 million big ones!!!!!

murray t turtle likes this.
  10. %% I see your points;
    market has voted much more for WMT,[ uptrend one year chart] +much more against TGT. [downtrends + downtrending]. NOT a prediction:caution::cool:

#10     Dec 16, 2017