TGregg I wait for an answer about my hacked post !

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by harrytrader, Mar 24, 2004.

1. No you can only EDIT a post, not DELETE it completely (if you try to delete even within the 60 mins it says to ask the moderator to do so) ! There have been a FIRST ANOMALY involving an answer to TGreg where my post has been DELETED and not only EDITED whereas in the SECOND ANOMALY it was EDITED.

Also for hacking a password there is need to use brute force attack with a special software which can take several days so it takes time and that would let trace in the logs of the server which is dangerous for him if it is not worth the deal. I doubt that a hacker would do that just for the pleasure of editing a post. And as I said such account can only edit not delete a post.

#11     Mar 25, 2004
  2. This is the deleted message I was refering to TGreg...

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showt...29671&perpage=6&highlight=woodie&pagenumber=3

harrytrader
    Elite Member

03-14-04 07:03 AM

CAN YOU EXPLAIN ME HOW MY ANSWER TO YOUR POST HAS DISAPPEARED ?????????????????????????????????

If it is you that cancelled it ....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from TGregg:

While his room apparently is free, Hotcomm charges $25/month (after a 7 day free trial). One year subscription is $160.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#12     Mar 25, 2004
  3. Hahahaha you would never suspect anybody until there are some strange things involving the guy in question, not only once but twice. Also read again the remark I made about hacking an account : for a hacker it's really not worth the deal.

In the deleted post where TGreeg said that Woodie requires hotcomm so have to pay 25$, I answered that someone who couldn't afford 25$ / month cannot afford to trade futures and deleting that, you would pretend that TGreg has a good judgement ? He didn't even answer when I asked the question about my deleted post. Now it is the second time so that I insist much more.

#13     Mar 25, 2004
  4. Harrytrader,

I've successfully deleted my entire post without having to ask a moderator nor Baron.

The following 3 attachments will show you its possible.

Once again...I recommend you change your password just in case someone has access to your password and can edit or delete your posts within that 60min time frame.

Good luck.

NihabaAshi

#14     Mar 25, 2004
  5. Here's the other 1/2 to show you that you CAN delete your own post.

#15     Mar 25, 2004
  6. Harrytrader,

Next time you write a message and then click Submit Reply...after your message post appears...

You'll see the following menus in the lower right corner...

Edit/Delete * Quote * Complain

If you click on Edit/Delete...

see attachment of how I deleted my own post.

Good luck and I truly hope nobody has access to your password.

Yet, that's easily fix via spending about 1min to change it.

NihabaAshi

#16     Mar 25, 2004
  7. It doesn't change that the question remains : who did the "joke" ? Since each time it involved TGreg, I don't see why I would look for an hypothetical hacker that has nothing to win to do that.

#17     Mar 25, 2004
  8. NihabaAshi, thanks for your answers, now don't worry this incident won't prevent me to sleep. So I will now stop this thread.

#18     Mar 25, 2004