TF - Russell volume

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by millionaire7, Oct 27, 2008.

1. 50_Bip

50_Bip

So no TF trades this morning? I thought you had this dog whipped..

#31     Nov 5, 2008
  2. do you trade the TF?

#32     Nov 5, 2008
  3. TF is very nice today...

#33     Dec 1, 2008
  4. So any more opinions here ?

It seems volume died down before xmas and just never recovered. It's making trading very difficult for me, and slippage is up.

Does anyone know if it's just TF or if other contracts are also way down in volume ?

Maybe everybody's out waiting to see what the Obama bailout might be like ?

This sorta sucks.

#34     Jan 13, 2009
  5. <i>"It seems volume died down before xmas and just never recovered. It's making trading very difficult for me, and slippage is up."</i>

TF volume faded in the holiday weeks of Dec and hasn't recovered yet. ES and NQ are trading normally... but TF volume is merely 1/2 its prior peak average.

Makes for spiky trading at best, worst of all impossible to work any amount of size. The +5pt and greater profit swings are still painted on the charts via price bars. But getting filled and/or holding initial stops from entry to exit is another reality in itself.

When Russell 2K trading is good, it is the best. But too often since the move from CME was announced has this symbol gone haywire. Unless / until it averages 200k daily contracts in the future, I'm not interested myself. ES is more work for less reward relative to ER2/TF in its prime, but we're miles away from prime time there right now.

#35     Jan 13, 2009