TF - Russell volume

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by millionaire7, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Friday was the whippiest day of the week. Intraday trading in the afternoon was next to impossible, even trading a fraction of my normal size.

And I trade the ES.

I have to wonder how much worse it was on the TF.

#21     Oct 31, 2008
  2. I've not really found a slippage issue throwing market orders at the TF...I like the TF because of the 1 point=$100

#22     Nov 1, 2008
  3. lindq

lindq

TF spiked this morning almost 2 points, and filled my stop over 1 point beyond where I had it set. Cost me some serious dollars.

Still untradable.

What a shame, as ER used to be my main trading instrument.

#23     Nov 3, 2008
  4. 50_Bip

50_Bip

I feel your pain, brother. It's dificult to be profitable when you are risking 2 or 3 points to make 1 point. The trading strategy I used on the ER2 doesn't profitably translate over to the TF. ER2 used to be my main trading axe also.

#24     Nov 3, 2008
  5. really sorry that happened to you...I think I was looking at it at that time...was that around 9:30-10am EST time?...sorry again...I look at it to trade it when it gets "calmer" in the day...best trading to you!

#25     Nov 3, 2008
  6. minmike

minmike

It always amazes me how people can proclaim, "good market, bad market, untradeable market."

What is one mans garbage is a another mans gold.

Using much smaller size and limits, not stops, I have been doing just fine on the ER2000. Not my best, but not looking for work.

Look for what works for you.

#26     Nov 3, 2008
  7. how many cars do you throw at the TF per daytrade?...how many TF trades per day?...the time duration per TF trade is?

#27     Nov 3, 2008
  8. lindq

lindq

I'm really happy for you that you're willing to trade "much smaller size" to put up with the ICE/NYBOT TF contract.

Personally, needing to scale down to safely trade the POS isn't my idea of progress when ICE took on the contract.

#28     Nov 3, 2008
  9. this is still a great contract to trade...just have to be more patient for non-slippage fills...

#29     Nov 3, 2008
  10. TF wow this morning...!!!!!!!! whipsaw up and whipsaw down... I netted almost 2 ES points this morning

#30     Nov 5, 2008