TF - Russell volume

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by millionaire7, Oct 27, 2008.

1. have you tried spreading r2k to nq? it's whippy as hell but if you hold on, there's money to made.

#11     Oct 28, 2008
  2. 50_Bip

50_Bip

TF sucks to trade. Volume is non-existant, and there is never more than 5 contracts at the bid/ask. I have been trading a 1-lot for the past week, trying to get a feel for it, and i have been whipped and diced like a Billy mays product. Bottom line, I can't control my risk in the TF when the damn thing will gap up/down 2 points on a whim. If anyone can trade TF successfully, then more power to you.

#12     Oct 28, 2008
  3. lindq

lindq

Volatility vs violence. I like that.

And yes, while volatility can be a challege, violence can be a real problem.

Anywhere near the open, but ES and TF are both very violent right now and can easily take out any reasonable stops in seconds.

I had an entry, stop and target all hit within a single 2 min bar this morning on TF.

Frustrating, yes. But that's the way it is.

#13     Oct 28, 2008
  4. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Just reduce the size....

Charts are always the same, even with 70 intraday points range

15/30 min High/Low for stops and pivot points

Look at the today low on ES...It's two ticks below yesterday low ( 843.50 vs 844)

This market is very disciplined and very attractive

#14     Oct 28, 2008
  5. This is also an indication that some systems could work on better entries. I know when I have trouble with stops it is usually because my entry could have been much better.

TT

#15     Oct 28, 2008
  6. <i>"This is also an indication that some systems could work on better entries. I know when I have trouble with stops it is usually because my entry could have been much better."</i>

Not in this case. The TF commonly whips thru 4pt sideways churn before going anywhere. The bid/ask runs anywhere from 2 ticks to 8 ticks wide... sometimes more. TF is too illiquid for any type of methodical trading right now. Remains to be seen how it reverts when VIX gets cut in half.

#16     Oct 28, 2008
  7. It's great, come join us so I can take some of your money.

#17     Oct 28, 2008
  8. <i>"Look at the today low on ES...It's two ticks below yesterday low ( 843.50 vs 844) This market is very disciplined and very attractive..." </i>

Sure it is. That's why the P&L thread is totally devoid of anyone making big money right now. Believe what you see... or more importantly what is not there to be seen.

#18     Oct 28, 2008
  9. piezoe

piezoe

That makes perfect sense to me, Austin.

#19     Oct 28, 2008
  10. I tossed 1 car at the TF today...the trade lasted about 2 minutes...I netted a good $$$ gain for me...But, I did feel like I was on the Space Shuttle or surfing in Hawaii :p one wild ride:eek:

#20     Oct 31, 2008