TF mini-Russell 2000

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by increasenow, Jun 4, 2010.

1. I started with a 1 point hard stop but was causing too much grief...have moved it to a 3 point hard stop...that 3 point stop is for 'worst case action' only...I really have a mental stop if time is clicking and not moving and do not want to be SHOT PUT in the other direction...this is a 'stop' in motion in that it is evaluated as the market is moving...

Really only trading the TF right now because of $$ considerations in my account...I do want to be again trading the CL and Gold...agreed, if I could, would be consumed with CL...but TF is almost equal as I noted...

#11     Jun 8, 2010
  2. thanks...that is exactly what I am trying to do!...example: today in a short position...market was halted...got out at break even...then re-entered for profit...thanks...

#12     Jun 8, 2010
  3. moarla

moarla

in my view NQ ES TF YM they move all the same. so if you know what you do, why not choose the most liquid market (ES), and trade more lots?

#13     Jun 8, 2010
  4. I like to go with less lots and more per point, high-low daily range contracts...also, just never liked the ES...so, when you look at them all...per point and daily high-low range with just ONE contract...TF takes it hands down...

#14     Jun 8, 2010
  5. spd

spd

TF moves, but it can also move against you with the quickness.

#15     Jun 8, 2010
  6. also, one can scale up to what, 2,3,4,5-10 TF contracts per trade and really no slippage...also, my r/t commissions for the TF are cheaper than ES...in the $5.00 per r/t range...cool for me...

#16     Jun 8, 2010
  7. ES offers the least amount of volatility relative to tick size. Unless you're trading serious size, I can't imagine why you would prefer it. Especially if they all move the same to you.

#17     Jun 8, 2010
  8. bingo and exactly...what do you trade Gabfly1?

#18     Jun 8, 2010
  9. TF gonna close below 605...downward to close under 600?

#19     Jun 8, 2010
  10. +.5 so far trading the TF...619 is proving to be some serious support...hard to break through...

#20     Jun 9, 2010