TF & ES short term

Discussion in 'Journals' started by indextrader7, Apr 13, 2012.

1. +9.5 ticks today, could have been much better.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ejwUPsFpiIs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#41     Apr 17, 2012
  2. dv4632

dv4632

Wow, you aren't afraid to put on some size. Did I misread the screen or were you in 36 contracts on that long trade at the end of the vid? :eek:

#42     Apr 17, 2012
  3. Yes, I was.

#43     Apr 17, 2012
  4. Staying within very acceptable risk limits , looks good to me.

#44     Apr 17, 2012
  5. A quick edit for 4-17-12:

Actually made +16 ticks today, rather than the +9.5 I thought before. Feels like finding a $5 in my jacket pocket from last winter.

#45     Apr 17, 2012
  6. just a quick suggestion...if "we" does not refer to anyone in particular in your vidoes then you should probably say "I"....otherwise, it makes it seem as if you're referring to some trading room or website...i.e., makes it seem as if you're a vendor....

#46     Apr 18, 2012
  7. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

He's not in any violation if he was a vendor but he just can not spam nor advertise and he's not required to disclose that he is a vendor especially if he's not spamming nor advertising. Yet, there's usually one of two reasons why someone consistently uses the word WE in their videos.

1) Habit because he/she knows they have a viewing audience and uses the word WE in reference to the viewing audience that's more than one person viewing the videos.

It's also a common phrase used as a teaching tool to let others know they are not alone in whatever task is being presented to them. For example, recently I was at a friend's house for dinner and she was trying to convince her 5 year old daughter to eat her vegetables. She looked at her daughter and said the following..."vegetables are good for us and we can put one of your favorite sauce on it if you want".

2) The use of the WE word is for a planned service in the futures and the videos will be used at a later date for that service. Simply, there's currently no service and there may be one planned for the future. Regardless, that too is not illegal here at ET to do. Simply, its really none of our business if he uses the word WE even if he was a vendor or planning to be a vendor unless he starts spamming or advertising a service while not as a sponsor. That's Baron's policy...not my policy.

Not arguing but we (pun intended) do understand your point with you recommending that he uses the word I.

#47     Apr 18, 2012
  8. I think it's trivial, but I'll try to start using I just to make the picky picky people here happy. I'm sharing everything I have with y'all, and this is what gets noticed? My use of the word we or I ?

I live in AL, maybe it's a cultural thing. I just noticed when I got off the phone a minute ago I said, "We'll see you after while."

And the "we", meant just me.

:confused: :mad:

#48     Apr 18, 2012
  9. indextrader,

Hope you widened those stops today, especially with TF.

Do you always trade from both sides (long/short) on the same day? It was a pretty strong up day.
    As a side question what are you using in terms of hardware/ software? anything special beyond solid home PC and regular broadband?

Good luck.
    PS: Don't mind "we". It's your journal/video. You can even refer to yourself in the third person, "index trader BOT...":p

#49     Apr 18, 2012
  10. ShopGuy

ShopGuy

I'm just a lurker but watched your videos last night. Would love to keep seeing more. I don't trade currently, maybe never will, have been reading a bit on the forum off and on.

Anyways, I think this is only my second post but wanted to offer my thanks for posting.

#50     Apr 18, 2012