Texas - what the hell - huge budget crisis

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Covertibility, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Agreed. I am a dual citizen, Canada, US because my Dad was orig. Canadian before becoming American citizen.

Even my college Spanish teacher, who legally immigrated from Mexico in the 50's said many illegals have told him that anchor babies is a motivation to come here. And many people in both CA and TX look the other way when housekeepers, nannies, and day laborers work for cash money.

#41     Mar 18, 2011
  2. I don't recall whom said it, Bill Gates I believe, but why do we force highly educated students with advanced degrees to go home after graduating. If we are going to have immigrants I want more highly paid immigrants and less day laborers. Just something to consider.

#42     Mar 18, 2011
  3. My thoughts too, our immigration policy is crazy. I rented a condo in Miami a few years ago that was owned by a lady in her late 60's who was from Columbia. She was a wealthy lady who came to Miami several times a year to visit family and vacation. The immigration dept. said she was making to many trips a year and stopped her from coming over for a year. Miami is packed with illegals from all over the world and they stop a wealthy old lady from coming over who owns property in America, pays property taxes and spends her own money here, crazy.

#43     Mar 18, 2011
  4. As a Miami resident for 11 years I know this is true. We most adopt immigration policies just like Canada. We would enrich America.

I actually consider sometimes migrating to Canada. Obtaining legal status for a US citizen and MBA graduate is extremely easy. Only Cold keeps me from doing it.

#44     Mar 18, 2011
  5. zdreg

zdreg

it is an easy mnemonic to remember the most ridiculous statements and their authors.

#45     Mar 18, 2011
  6. Misterno? Where the hell do you live, EAST TEXAS in the Waste Land?

Half the shit you post about Texas is bullshit.

Visit http://www.rrc.state.tx.us/programs/og/severancetax.php
    To get your Tax info correct.

I've raised well over 20 million to drill DPPs, here in Texas. The tax income that flow in from these WELLS are a huge revenue source for TEXAS. THAT IS WHY THERE IS NO STATE TAX. SO AS OIL GOES UP, IT IS A POSITIVE THING FOR THE "TAX" REVENUE!

#46     Mar 18, 2011
  7. BSAM

BSAM

Oh shut up and just answer the questions.

#47     Mar 18, 2011
  8. BSAM

BSAM

I understand a little about California and about Texas. Have to agree with Emmie on this one.

#48     Mar 18, 2011
  9. itsame

itsame

Not sure if this was mentioned but Texas has a two year budget cycle. So their deficit of 27 billion is approximately 10 billion next year and 17 billion the next year. Way better than californias. Also, Texas has around a 12 billion rainy day fund which is not netted against the 27 billion. California has no such fund. They literally have ran out of cash at times and have had to issue iou's

#49     Mar 18, 2011
  10. I did not say "state royalty tax from oil and gas was not a help to the TX budget"

I said "NOT ENOUGH TO COVER THE BUDGET DEFICIT"

Hence the $27BN budget deficit this year

Capiche?

#50     Mar 18, 2011