Texas vs. California

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Mar 14, 2012.

1. What a crock. Liberals are "tolerant?" "Broadminded?" I supposoe they arem thatis until you dare voice an idea they disagree with. Then you are a racist, homophobe who wants to destroy the planet, kill children, poison the water and reinstitute slavery. For people who are so tolerant, they also seem to go out of their way to censor others an awful lot, whether it is by shouting down invited campus speakers, organizing boycotts or just firing commentators who annoy them like Juan Williams or Pat Buchanan.

I'd say a better definition is liberals are people who, at their best, confuse good intentions with realistic policies, and at their worst, exploit and divide people to gain access to power.

Conservatives distrust the state, seeing it as the source of oppression, want government power devolved to the lowest and most local levels practicable and believe in equality of opportunity rather than outcome.

#11     Mar 15, 2012
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Here's the real test of the conservative/liberal difference:

If you read "Animal Farm" and took it to heart, you're a conservative.
    If not, you're a liberal.

#12     Mar 15, 2012
  3. Max E.

Max E.

Brilliant post, Thx AAA!!!

#13     Mar 15, 2012
  4. jem

jem

san diego is a great place to live... it was a heck of a lot better before the left took over the state.

And the most important policy would have been a building moritorum. It would have saved the environment and the life style. Where was the left? They just wanted more money, more bribes, more power. They did not really want to save this place.

#14     Mar 15, 2012
  5. Speaking of 'crocks' - you say C's distrust the state, but C's want to get involved in your bedroom, your sex life, your vagina where applicable, especially in Texas. Look, I'm anti-abortion as well, and don't ever want to see abortion used as a method of birth control. BUT, I do want to see birth control used to stop abortions and unwanted pregnancies. This is not Rush Limbaugh or that woman, regardless of all that, these typed of gov't involvement in our personal lives is just wrong. But, the C's are all for it if it happens to fit their agenda. There are many more examples, Mr. AAA, but this shows the hypocrisy pretty well.

c

#15     Mar 15, 2012
  6. pspr

pspr

God's probably looking at California now and saying to himself that it might be time for the big earthquake to drop the whole state into the sea. :D

#16     Mar 15, 2012
  7. BSAM

BSAM

Mr. Groupie:

It is quite apparent that you haven't been taking classes from the BSAM school of politics.
    You should add this to your understanding:
    Never vote for a Democrat.
    Never vote for a Republican.
    Either way, the government wins.

#17     Mar 15, 2012
  8. Max E.

Max E.

I agree, there are alot of cities Inside of California that are beautiful places to live, like San diego, if it wasnt for that California would be a wasteland already.

Like i said earlier, people are willing to pay a premium to live in a beautiful place like California, but Liberals are pushing it to far, and slowly but surely they are pushing it to the point where it is no longer worth it.....

#18     Mar 15, 2012
  9. Eight

Eight

California is to the USSR as Texas is to the US of A.

Texas has loser pays with regard to lawsuits!! Compare that to California where any nut can sue anybody at any time and probably find a pro bono attorney to do it for them... Does anybody actually want to try to operate a business in California? What would drive them in that insane direction?

I live on the Central Coast, wx is fantastic, I speak Spanish, etc., but start a business? I fricking think not!

California has essentially what I call Cathlo-Fascism. We have a Jesuit for a governor and Mexicans and the Left control a bureaucracy that is extremely prejudicial in handing out the benefits. I see it as people living out their Catholicism with it's helping hand to the poor through their politics, not to mention the power-hungry thingy.. I know a woman that grew up in a Mexican family, she says an illegal can get housing in a week. White people wait years!

#19     Mar 15, 2012
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

To be fair, even the most extreme of the extreme (Santorum) does not want to prevent women from getting birth control. He simply doesn't want the government to pay for it. It's $9 a month at Target, so go ahead and buy it for your gf.

What does this have to do with the left destroying CA? Strawman?

#20     Mar 15, 2012