Texas traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by volente_00, Aug 27, 2005.

1. It's been suggested many times (here in Dallas as well), but no follow through by participants. I had even contacted a few clearing houses connections and found space. Many had the "open it and we/they will come" statements. Jury is still out for me on this one. :)

#71     May 17, 2006
  2. Bullet

Bullet

I lived in Plano for a couple years, and if you like cement and the same stores repeated every 3 miles, then its a great place to live. I missed the scenery and more laid back attitude of austin (though people do drive too damn slow), so I moved back. Good luck to you!

#72     May 17, 2006
  3. I lived in Austin for about a year and a half. I had heard stories through acquaintances and the local public cable access channel that the cops were draconian in the small towns and rural areas. Like, you get pulled over for tail light and spend the night in jail or get a $2k fine. Is it true that Texas justice is not something to be messed with?

I had a couple of minor jet ski infractions that set me back $450. I thought that was outrageous.

#73     May 17, 2006
  4. In seven years I have yet to even be pulled over. As an African American male driving a Benz (usually faster than the posted limit) I don't find it bad. I drive to Austin and Houston kind of regularly also. No problems.

A friend of mine said we need to all stop complaining when we factor in the MPS (miles per stop). She said, think of all the bad/illegal stuff that you know you've done behind the wheel verses the times you've been caught. Based on that one, I have absolutely no complaints.

In all fairness, I have had no troubles back in Chicago either. I guess now that I'm a little older, and probably a little wiser, I don't seem as threatening to the local authorities. :)

#74     May 17, 2006
  5. volente_00

volente_00

I think Assent still has an office there. Bright closed the doors a while back.

#75     May 17, 2006
  6. volente_00

volente_00

What the hell was wrong with your jetski ? Did a game warden write the tickets at the lake or a traffic cop ?

#76     May 17, 2006
  7. JayS

JayS

The SOES and some other guys gave Texas especially Houston a bad rep a few years back. Most firms are hesitant to do anything but remote traders from Texas.

Jay in Houston

p.s. Velocity has a retail futures room but thats about it around here.

#77     May 17, 2006
  8. I've mentioned before...get a few guys together and we can re-open in the Houston area...we had little interest from people wanting to drive into town...as mentioned above, primarily due to the SOES and other nonsense that went on down there...

Don

#78     May 17, 2006
  9. Dallas? :)

#79     May 17, 2006
  10. Anyone who wants to start an office with a few qualified traders can certainly do so. You guys sign the lease, we offer adjustments in overall pricing package to help defray the costs. We have several "affiliated" locations under our wing.

Don

#80     May 18, 2006