Texas traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by volente_00, Aug 27, 2005.

1. What towns would you recommend to visit in the Hill Country? I've driven through there in spring via the interstate, but never stopped to explore. Thought it was really pretty from the road blasting by at about 75 mph though.

Thanks,

Jay

#61     Apr 19, 2006
  2. Jay,

The Hill Country has a lot of small towns and many have a historic district. Fredricksberg is a good place to start. I also like Bandera. Wine tours are interesting as some decent wine is made in the region.

I prefer the canoeing and state parks to walking around towns and their tourist trap areas. There are a lot of "bat caves"-real ones not the comic book kind and seeing a few million bats coming out at dusk is spectacular. They even show up on the local weather radars.

DS

#62     Apr 20, 2006
  3. JayS

JayS

I love the Frio river in the summer. Cold as ice when the temp outside is around 100.

#63     Apr 20, 2006
  4. Hmm, sounds like I need to come open a bottled water plant. :cool:

#64     Apr 20, 2006
  5. JayS

JayS

#65     Apr 20, 2006
  6. from Huntsville area. North of Woodlands & Conroe.

MT

#66     Apr 21, 2006
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Sorry to bother you Texas folks again. But I would like to get your feedback on some of the pros and cons between Houston and Dallas. This is for a parent of mine that is moving from the midwest. I am lobbying hard for the Woodlands north of Houston. But I would like to hear your take on Dallas as well. Also, does Dallas have something similar to the Woodlands?

I know Highland Park north of Dallas is suppose to be nice as well as Plano. I really don't know the area well so these are the only two towns that ring a bell. Also, let's throw in Irvin and Fort Worth for kicks.

Doesn't Dallas have one of the worst murder rates in the country?

#67     May 1, 2006
  8. Check out Frisco...just north of Plano. I lived there a year or so...very nice.

Woodlands is nice too. Medical facilities are top-notch.

If I had to choose...I'd go with Woodlands.

MT

#68     May 1, 2006
  9. I currently have a home close to the Highland Park. There really is not any crime in the area. Last year the police incident reports were very minimal and mostly involved driving violations and a few auto thefts. Police coverage really is pretty good.

Fort Worth, Dallas and Irvin are fiscally demographically different so more info would be needed to say where they would be happier looking. Different from a standpoint of single family homes, duplex living, condo/townhouse and highrise. :)

#69     May 1, 2006
  10. Hey guys, just had a quick question. How popular is Prop trading in Houston? Is their any Prop firms available to daytrade? Is their a high demand to where maybe someone would want to open a prop firm there?

#70     May 16, 2006