Texas traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by volente_00, Aug 27, 2005.

1. 4re

4re

I am in Lewisville

#121     Aug 18, 2006
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

I have a quick question for those of you that live either in the north Houston area or the Woodlands. Who is the best high speed internet provider down there, preferably one that combines cable TV and phone. Thanks.

#122     Mar 28, 2007
  3. How about calling the Merrill Lynch, Woodlands, office
    to see if they'll give your their phone/TV/internet provider(s)
    - especially pertaining to a trader's needs, if that's the case.

Also, you could ask your good sparring buddy Don Bright
    if he might have one of his most experienced BT traders
    in The Woodlands get you up to speed...

#123     Mar 29, 2007
  4. bh_prop

bh_prop

I live on the Northwest side of Houston. My cable/internet/digital phone provider is Time Warner

#124     Mar 29, 2007
  5. If you choose cable, it doesn't really matter who the vendor that sold it to you is, more than likely a time warner van will pull up to your house to install it.

Think about it, even if you signed up on Earthlink's site, who owns the cable line? Time warner. Its all just rebranded service.

If you want DSL, SBC offers phone, satellite, and DSL.

If you want cable, TWC offers phone, cable, and cable internet.

I'd prefer SBC, because I'd rather have a real line rather than a VOIP line, but TWC might suit you better. Also, more than likely DSL will "look" cheaper than cable, however the speeds are different. I get 600 k/second download speeds with SBC, but i'm on the "elite plan" thats like $30ish a month. With the basic plan, you can expect 150 k/second download speeds.

With TWC you can expect 500-600 k/second for their quoted price.

#125     Mar 29, 2007
  6. JayS

JayS

Was raised and spent most of my life in The Woodlands. I always used Time Warners RR http://www.houston.rr.com/ rock solid.

My wifes parents, my parents, and my siblings still live their, my wife and I moved near downtown into midtown. If you have any questions about the place let me know.

p.s. If you ever plan on opening up a office around here let me know, I'd be interested.

#126     Mar 29, 2007
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

It's not for me, it's for my mother.

#127     Mar 29, 2007
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Time Warner told me they don't offer digital phone yet in the Woodlands. And they quoted me $86 a month for cable TV and Broadband and that seemed high, at least compared to Chicago.

#128     Mar 29, 2007
  9. JayS

JayS

Yeah, my wife and I spent a year in Chicago. Cable was cheaper in Chicago... ....but I found it much more reliable in Texas (The Woodlands). If ya'll need anything or have any other questions please let me know. Not sure about digital phone, my parents use TXU for their phone company and cable/broadband from Time Warner.

#129     Mar 29, 2007
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Anyone use Comcast down there? Much cheaper then Time Warner. What's the catch?

#130     Mar 29, 2007