Texas Traders - trying this again...

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by EEUT84, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Very few traders that i know of, in General in Texas. I trade but do not "Day trade". I position trade. Left the Day trading game a long time ago, when I left Schonfeld...and the SOES bandits died out.

I'm in SA, a joke of a financial community here. Some large "Fund Managers, as in American Funds. USAA..but they are as clueless as most.

I only know of one shop in Austin....Rogue traders from what I understand...some trade ok...Kershner Trading is the group.

Im surprise a lot of traders have not moved out to Dallas or Houston, atx or even SA. Cost of living is super cheap, beer is cheap and you can fly anywhere...Hell Vegas is an hour and half, LA is 3 and Miami, NYC, Chi-town all 3 hour by plane.

#51     Aug 31, 2010
  2. monty09

monty09

i know about 200 in houston all at phy shops and investment banks

#52     Aug 31, 2010
  3. jesseah

jesseah

Texas is the energy capital of this country thus there are tons of energy ( gas, oil, power, etc) traders where I live in Houston. I'm an equity trader and haven't met many others that do what I do here. If there are any equity guys I'm always up for drinks when the market closes!

#53     Aug 31, 2010
  4. pspr

pspr

Oh, you must be saying South Austin or San Antonio. I was trying to figure out what USAA and American Funds were doing with offices in South Africa! :eek:

#54     Aug 31, 2010
  5. monty or jesseah, do either of you know any prop firms in Houston? I'd love to move into an office, otherwise considering renting a space on Kirkwood and Memorial that's a buddies building and a good deal

#55     Sep 1, 2010
  6. monty09

monty09

i do not

#56     Sep 1, 2010
  7. jesseah

jesseah

I dont. i know of a group of guys that trade through Lightspeed but they are all retail. Where do you trade now?

#57     Sep 1, 2010