Texas Tells Feds To Shove Their Light Bulb Ban

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jun 20, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

State lawmakers have passed a bill that allows Texans to skirt federal efforts to promote more efficient light bulbs, which ultimately pushes the swirled, compact fluorescent bulbs over the 100-watt incandescent bulbs many grew up with.

The measure, sent to Gov. Rick Perry for consideration, lets any incandescent light bulb manufactured in Texas - and sold in that state - avoid the authority of the federal government or the repeal of the 2007 energy independence act that starts phasing out some incandescent light bulbs next year.

"Let there be light," state Rep. George Lavender, R-Texarkana, wrote on Facebook after the bill passed. "It will allow the continued manufacture and sale of incandescent light bulbs in Texas, even after the federal ban goes into effect. ... It's a good day for Texas."

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/culture/2...-feds-shove-your-light-bulb-ban#ixzz1Psaj9d73

2. Texas

Texas

hear hear

I fully support classical light bulbs with healthy light

screw the government and their unnatural migraine causing light

google few studies

3. Ricter

Ricter

Actually, you can get full-spectrum fluorescent "bulbs" now.

4. Texas

Texas

maybe so

maybe so

but guess what

I still don't want to be ordered which bulb to buy, I want freedom to choose my own bulb

When revolution starts my dear ricter, I wouldn't be so vocal about being a government/globalist apologist, if I were you

5. Ricter

Ricter

Lol, how ominous.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Good for Texas, at least some states still have the balls to ignore those buffoons in Washington.

7. Makes me proud to call myself a Texan!!

I've never understood the DC mentality that people are too dumb to make informed choices.

By now near everyone knows the pros and cons of CFLs and should be able to buy what they want, same for giant SUVs vs Hybrids that get 40+ mpg.

Seneca

8. mmata

mmata

Why? What is so important about the choice of old light bulbs that wont be available soon anyway? It is just a fight for the sake of it, a small gesture that means nothing but it lets some people think - yeah, I stuck it to the man and I am still free to choose my light bulb, score.

Well done!

Climate change aside, we will run out of resources. So if you enjoy your lifestyle and ability to choose your light bulbs in comfort, then perhaps don't stand in the way of a useful technology out of blind anti-government sentiment. This technology can eke out our scarce resources but are marginally dimmer to start with - get over it.

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Well in their defense, it maybe because those same politicians keep getting re-elected by people obviously too dumb to make informed choices. :D :(

10. JamesL

JamesL

The only reason why this is going into effect is because GE lost their profit margins on the production of light bulbs and convinced the gov't how their CFL and LED's are needed to save the world.

Screw GS. The real evil corporation is GE. And Immelt is to Obama like that little devil on your shoulder whispering in your year.

#10     Jun 21, 2011