Texas Tech new #1 in college football

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bigarrow, Nov 2, 2008.

1. I think Bradford throws a good ball and makes good reads.

However, he NEVER, and I mean NEVER has any pressure on him. Bradford had zero pressure on him all game tonight, and most games he plays.

Florida's only chance of beating Oklahoma is to hammer him the same way they abused Troy Smith and Ohio St. two years ago (but I don't think that will happen).

#21     Dec 7, 2008
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

You guys are insane. OU's weakness is their defense but that has not been exposed because there is no defense to speak of in the big 12 and OU has been able to score 50 to 60 pts a game all year.

OU has given up A LOT of points and they are going to face bar none the fastest team ever in college football. FL is going to be able to run up a lot of points on OU and control a lot of the clock. OU will also be able to score on FL but they will be by far the best defense they have seen all year.

My guess is this will be a high scoring game that is going to come down to who has the momentum in the 4th qtr. I have a rule, never bet against Tim Tebow.

FL was able to beat one of the best defenses in the country tonight with their number one offensive playmaker out. They just have too much depth on offense. They will force OU to take too many chances on offense and that will force turnovers.

BTW, I'm hearing Vegas is giving the opening line to FL. Place your bets boys...

#22     Dec 7, 2008
  3. To no one's big surprise, it's Gators - Sooners.

Pretty good, except you messed that one up.

Should be a good game, but no way does 'Homa beat da Gators. Tebow won't let it happen.

We'll see on Game Day!!!

G A T O R S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#23     Dec 7, 2008
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Like I was saying...:D

#24     Jan 8, 2009
  5. UT vs FL State would have been a MUCH better game imo!!!

Final Rankings!

#1 - Florida State

#2 - Texas

#3 - Utah

#4 - USC ( :p )

#5 - OU ( :D )

:cool:

#25     Jan 9, 2009
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Let me clarify a few things for you. The SEC went 6-2 in bowl games this year including 2-0 against the Big 12. The SEC has now won 3 straight National Championships and 5 total, more then any conference in college football.

The Big 12 went 4-3 this bowl season and the minor league Big 10 conference went 1-6.

So no, your calls were not spot on.

#26     Jan 9, 2009
  7. Yeahhh Babyyyyyy!!!!!

#27     Jan 9, 2009
  8. It was a good game, but it was sick listening to the announcers spouting their man love for Tebow. Stoops blew it for his team with his play calling on the goal line and not getting 3 points when they had the chance, it changed the whole outlook for the game from that point on.

#28     Jan 9, 2009
  9. Let me clarify a few things for you (again).

Nobody won a "National Championship" this year. Any rational college football fan knows that this year was a disaster for the BCS's credibility. As a Florida fan, I'm sure you're thrilled that the BCS was contractually obligated to vote them #1, but that's as hollow a "national championship" as anyone has ever won.

2) Florida lost AT HOME. That alone should have prevented them from being in the mythical "championship" game. At least Texas and USC lost on the road (and UTAH didn't lose at all).

3) The PAC-10 went 6-0 in bowl games and their winner (USC) didn't even have a chance to play for the mythical national championship.

4) Texas's lone loss was on the road on a last second bomb.

5) Utah went undefeated and posted these impressive credentials--

4-0 against the Top-25
    6-0 against bowl teams.

And still they weren't allowed to play for the mythical national championship.

The BCS is a total sham. Nothing more than a marketing tool.
    The fact that they invited a team that lost AT HOME over three more deserving teams proves it.

#29     Jan 11, 2009
  10. Clubs,

I don't know why you waste your time with someone who doesn't know the difference between "then" and "than."

I swear the guy is a functional (or maybe not)l illiterate.

#30     Jan 12, 2009