Texas Tech new #1 in college football

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bigarrow, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Ouch, it was fun while it lasted. I went to the OU website last night and watched Stoops pregame interview and some of the players interviews and I started to get a little worried, they had a quiet confidence about them. I didn't think we'd get our butts kicked this bad though. OU could of put up 80 if they wanted to. If Gators and OU can win out that would be a good game.

#11     Nov 23, 2008
  2. Whew. Not much went right for ol' Tech. They'll be back.

Hopefully the Gators can stay strong. Bama is no pushover and Fla State usually plays UF tough. We'll see.

Go Gators!

#12     Nov 23, 2008
  3. So what?

The fact that Penn St. lost to anyone in the Little Ten is laughable. Worst conference in major college sports by far.

Florida lost AT HOME to Mississippi. By your stupid analysis, Ole Miss should be in the BCS.

Probably an inbred Big Ten alum.

As for my calls---

I called for Texas Tech to lose at Oklahoma (WINNER).

I called for Alabama to get crushed by Florida in the SEC championship (We'll see)

I called for a vastly overrated Penn St. team to get crushed in the BCS (They lost to an AWFUL Iowa team, so I guess my call about them being total shit was true--- WINNER).

2-0 with one call pending.

The Big 12 is far and away the best conference this year (mostly due to the South division). No way could Alabama play in that division and not have at least 2 or 3 losses. They simply can't score enough to compete with those offenses.

Texas and Oklahoma should play again for the championship. Would be another great game.

#13     Nov 25, 2008
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

YEAH BABY......

#14     Nov 25, 2008
  5. Where can I watch Live on the internet the Longhorn Aggie game tomorrow. I'm on a business trip so ESPN online will not be available here.

#15     Nov 26, 2008
  6. Try www.justin.tv

I've seen a few games this year on that site.

#16     Nov 26, 2008
  7. [​IMG]

#17     Dec 6, 2008
  8. Congratulations, damn good game. I think right now the Sooners are the best team and Florida 2nd and Texas 3rd, no one else is close right now. All three can make a good argument to be ranked #1.

#18     Dec 6, 2008
  9. Looks like my calls were spot on.

1) Penn St. was a horribly overrated team, and the Big Ten sucks (as usual).

2) Texas Tech lost to Oklahoma.

3) Alabama got smoked by Fla in the SEC championship (and yes, 11 points is getting smoked when you're undefeated, ranked #1, a 10 point underdog, and still couldn't cover).

Great call (except I don't think Texas Tech has a legitimate claim after getting crushed by Oklahoma).

Now I will break it down for you guys again.

After my analysis, I believe Texas should play Oklahoma in the championship game. Here are my reasons---

1) Florida lost AT HOME to an UNRANKED team. Out of consideration.

2) USC lost to an UNRANKED 25 point underdog. Out of consideration.

3) Oklahoma lost on a neutral field by 10 points to one of the top teams in the country. Still in the hunt

4) Texas lost ON THE ROAD, on the last play of the game to one of the top teams in the country. Best argument out of any one loss team.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, the BCS would never let two teams from the same conference play each other for the "championship". They need to drum up ratings and interest, so here are my thoughts, and how I think the bowls will play out.

1) Texas is the best team in the country.

2) Oklahoma is the 2nd best team in the country.

3) The SEC is even worse than I thought they were. HUGE down year for what is usually the best conference in football.

4) Alabama would lose to Texas, Oklahoma, Florida, USC, Texas Tech, Penn St., and a handful of other schools. They simply can't score enough to compete with them. They just aren't that good (did I mention the SEC sucks this year)?

5) Oklahoma will beat Florida (and cover) and win the BCS championship.

6) After Texas routs Ohio St. (or whoever they end up playing) I believe they will win the AP vote and split the mythical national championship with Oklahoma.

#19     Dec 7, 2008
  10. An Oklahoma and Texas national championship game would be damn good. But I think I'll enjoy Oklahoma trying to put 60 on Florida even more. Don't know if they can do it, but if anyone can it's them.
    Sam Bradford looks like he could start for several NFL teams right now.

#20     Dec 7, 2008