Texas, specifically Dallas, Real Estate

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Brandonf, Oct 19, 2008.

1. This is one of the few enclaves in Broward or Dade with single familiy homes on/across from the ocean so it goes for a premium.

#51     Oct 20, 2008
  2. I'v e played at Doral and been to the "Orange Bowl," a time or two....not the old bowl of course. Where are you from that?

#52     Oct 20, 2008
    #53     Oct 20, 2008
  4. The great Texas opportunity is not the cookie-cutter development sprawl north of the Metroplex.

It is(was) the black-land farms south of town to the south of Waco...But that is close to being over too. It was a nice run.

#54     Oct 20, 2008
  5. abe12345

abe12345

In 2001 I purchased a 2 unit house (Front house and 1 efficiency in back, and enough land to add another unit or small appartment with on site parking) in Lubbock, TX, walking distance to Texas Tech University, for 53K, and with imporvements it totaled 58K. Currently renting out for total of $900 a month, never a shortage of tenants. But ofcourse there are management and maintenance costs. Might one day add an appartment to it. Don't know how Lubbock is these day, but worth looking into.

#55     Oct 20, 2008
  6. Cheap houses on the North side of Indianapolis. Just stay out of the beltway unless rap music, flying 40-ouncers and bullets are your idea of lullabys.

#56     Oct 20, 2008
  7. for 10% a month, why trade? :D

#57     Oct 20, 2008
  8. If I only netted 10% per month, why the hell wouldn't I just work for a living?

#58     Oct 20, 2008
  9. I have no Idea where Maverik lives, but If you live in a "Metro" area in TX (Dallas, Austin, H-Town or San Antonio) property taxes are 3% PLUS.

If you live in some podunk town outside Urban Areas, your taxes can be as low as 1.7%.

Texas is holding strong and property values have stablized, with very little growth but they are not falling like most area's in America.

Your money goes a lot further in Dallas, etc than many places. However, Texas is still, TEXAS. It isn't hip, nor is it very progressive, even Dallas is slow when compared to NYC and Chicago.

You do not want to be on a "salary" in Texas. They pay shit. However, if your Trading, or work in the Oil/Gas sector, making East/West coast wages. You can stack up chips faster than anywhere else while you have a nice home, top of the line Auto and all the bells and whistles that come with "Bling Blingng".

Also, building a home in Texas, From sticks to bricks is far cheaper than the rest of the US, including Land.

Texas is the place to lay low, build wealth, and head back East/West when the Economy is booming.......but you'll have to put up with "TEXAS" for the next decade.

PS: I fly to Play Del Carmen all the time. It's a way to escape TEXAS and cheaper to get to from Texas. Paseo is now 13 to 1.
    Texas allows you to work hard and then go play hard on the beaches of Mexico.

#59     Oct 20, 2008
  10. Dallas does have some areas of lower property values, but AUSTIN is the place to buy and live imo......just a blast to live here with all the rolling hills and lakes (and more of a small town feel!). Lakeway, Bee Caves, Lago Vista, Lake Travis are some great areas in town! :)

#60     Oct 20, 2008