Texas, specifically Dallas, Real Estate

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Brandonf, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Still I'm curious ....where you can buy for 80K and rent for $800 as part of the normal state of the local RE market in Texas?

I admit I'm beginning to have some incredible deals thrown my way from the local HUD and REO sellers...but these times are once in a generation.

Do tell.

#41     Oct 19, 2008
  2. Hmm, tons of stuff. I roller skate regularly. Road trips. I've got family in houston. Movies, BBQ, hang with friends. shopping. I work from home so very few traffic heqadaches if I choose not to. I'm at "The Potter's House" (T.D. Jakes) and we have a ton of church stuff that we do. My home is a virtual entertainment center so I have my friends over quite a bit. I'm a model railroader and my layout is club sized. Breaking it down now though as I'm moving at the end of the year. I generally spend my time evenly between here and Chicago, but of late I've been here more.

I also go to Lonestar Rcaetrack regularly for playing the ponies! I've got a buddy over in Glen Rose who has a massive property. We go there to do some go-carting too. He has a fair sized track on his property, he races carts. We also ride horses. :)

#42     Oct 20, 2008
  3. Florida. Every year from now to eternity unless they get reassessed. Taxes down here are 2.5% after some homestead deductions ect. This house was in my family since the mid-60's so the taxes are homesteaded but who can buy it knowing their tax bill will quadruple on the sale? I honestly believe SoFla hasn't even begun to crash let alone bottom. Between hurricane insurance and taxes it's like carrying another mortgage.

Chicago taxes are a joke. $1800 a year on a condo worth 275-300ish. Considering though the entire building sits on one tenth the size of your lot and has 380 units in it the City of Obama does very well thank you mammy.:p

#43     Oct 20, 2008
  4. Fraid not!! :)

#44     Oct 20, 2008
  5. I'm taking a six month lease over at Museum Place on 12th street to cover a change that I'm working on in my unit. I'm looking forward to looking over the lake at sunrise. The assessments there are enough to frighten folks into heart attacks. I was wondering what the tax hit on some of those units will be also. :)

#45     Oct 20, 2008
  6. I swear P...I don't know how you people live in those places. There's just so much more out there. Bal Harbour...maybe.

#46     Oct 20, 2008
  7. Glen Rose? Jeeze Louise

I thought you'd be more the wilmer-hutchins type. But then you can get a bit close to Ennis. And that would require the shearings of the tooth.

#47     Oct 20, 2008
  8. In a weird way I like that area. Some kick ass views and unlike the far North Side easy access to an airport. The Orange Line to Midway can't be beat. My biggest hassle about commuting Chi-SoFla is getting to O'Hare. $30 by cab and an hour or more in traffic from Edgewater.....

#48     Oct 20, 2008
  9. volente_00

volente_00

#49     Oct 20, 2008
  10. #50     Oct 20, 2008