Texas, specifically Dallas, Real Estate

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Brandonf, Oct 19, 2008.

1. LOL, that's soooo Dallas. Most people don't realize that Dallas rivals LA with its soullessness, love of material posessions, and hot chicks. It's a real utopian society down here.

#31     Oct 19, 2008
  2. At that rate we'd pay over $60,000 per year here in Nevada. However there's gotta be a cap on it there in Tejas I'm sure right?

#32     Oct 19, 2008
  3. My family's here and they've made it clear they're not budging. I've lived in enough different places to know that the location doesn't make up for not being near the people I love, so we stay here.

For fun, we take lots of walks, in our location there are actually a lot of trees, lakes, and ponds. The developer of this area wanted to leave it seeming somewhat like the country, so we're lucky in that respect. We swim, bbq, go to parks, the library, the children's museum, camp at the lake occasionally, putz around at gardening (kids like to see things grow and then eat it), get together with friends at our home or parks, etc. Most people around here like to shop, eat out, and go to movies. We just do our own thing, and we stay happy. My husband works from home, so no worries from us about traffic.

I didn't live here much while I was single, so I haven't experienced much of that sort of nightlife. It's always seemed to me, though, that nightlife is just a huge moneypit. I mean, $8 or $9 for a drink I can make at home or with friends for $1?

#33     Oct 19, 2008
  4. abe12345

abe12345

I live in Dallas. It is one of the nices cities in Texas. I like Austin personally, but it is more humid and home prices are higher. On the other hand it has great natural beauty, and lots of clubs and restaurants. But Dallas is nice as well. I agree, much better than Houston in all aspects.

Why real estate is so cheap in Dallas I don't know for sure. Less demand. Dallas is not as well known as say, California, New York, or Miami for example. Also weather is very hot and humid here.

And for all we know, real estate prices here could increase dramatically. That is what happened in Austin during the years I was there from 95 to 2000. Similar thing happened in Lubbock when I lived there from 2001 to 2005. And neither of them was a bubble.

#34     Oct 19, 2008
  5. dunno about Big D, but here north of Houston you can buy an 80K house and rent it out for 800 a month. Easy!
    10% a month gross ain't too bad.

#35     Oct 19, 2008
  6. Where?

#36     Oct 19, 2008
  7. ya better check your math there pardner

#37     Oct 19, 2008
  8. oops...I meant a year...:D

#38     Oct 19, 2008
  9. The couple across the street from me pays 58k. Friggin dual-dentist, double lot teardown. They're freaking out. They were paying like 9k before, lol. I'd guess their home to be the size of yours-I've heard you have a HUGE place.

#39     Oct 19, 2008
  10. Where in Gods name is that? SoFla or Chi-town?

That's gotta be some kinda of one time adjustment or something...right?

#40     Oct 19, 2008