Texas, specifically Dallas, Real Estate

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Brandonf, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I'll look there, because I actually love the Charleston area..but had found the prices in the city to be more than I want to pay. I'll check the Mount Pleasant area though, Thanks.

#21     Oct 19, 2008
  2. Try NJ or CT...Good luck FINDING a house for $227,000.

And then, you should see the property taxes on a STARTER home.

#22     Oct 19, 2008
  3. It's possible that you may be be missing the fact the entire state is a fucking shit hole. This is coming from a sixth generation Texan. I know from what I speak.

#23     Oct 19, 2008
  4. harkm

harkm

Yeah, my $227000 house is 2900 SQ with a balcony and an outdoor fireplace. I can't complain too much but of course the house would have cost much more if the property taxes were lower.

#24     Oct 19, 2008
  5. harkm

harkm

There are shitholes in Texas as with any state but the entire state? Come on now. I have live all over texas and maybe Corpus Christi is the only city that I didn't like. Actually I would have liked living on Padre Island. Be more specific please.

#25     Oct 19, 2008
  6. Too many to list...

Hot as the surface of the sun...

Mosquitoes the size of your head...

Have one the for the road culture...

The entire Houston area from the Woodlands south is toxic for all human life.

Rednecks...

Wannabes...

Rednecks...

Big hair...

Trucks..

Rednecks...

8000sqr ft house in Highland Park on a 3000 sqr ft lot....yee haw.

Traffic on the 635..

Jerrah...

Westheimer...

Sweatwater...cottom farming.

Permain...Mojo

I could go on and on....but I have a life.

If I didn't have mineral leases and family in the state I'd never ever go there.

#26     Oct 19, 2008
  7. Just outta curiosity, what do you guys like about Dallas? What do you do there for fun? I was there recently and hated it. Its economy is far from booming, with empty store fronts & malls, lack of nightlife and an over abundance of chain restaurants... So what keeps you folks sane?

#27     Oct 19, 2008
  8. karol88

karol88

that's funny, when I was looking for the home, my realtor said I should be looking ONLY in The Woodlands and nowhere else...despite that I was insisting that I've seen nicer homes in other areas....she didn't want to explain why, just said "forget it"

#28     Oct 19, 2008
  9. My uncle was one of the original builders in the Woodlands in 70's....let's just say he doesn't live there now.

#29     Oct 19, 2008
  10. Did your uncle know a guy named Guy Odom with US Home??

#30     Oct 19, 2008