texas republicans. you have to just shake your head and marvel at the ignorance.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Have to support the Texans on this one. I just don't see how it's racist or discrimination at ask for a voter ID. If you can't take the time to get some ID, then you shouldn't be part of the process deciding who runs the country. Let's bottom line this B.S. It ain't about inconvenience, it's about letting illegals vote.
    http://news.yahoo.com/texas-test-1965-voting-rights-law-court-014642325.html

#31     Jul 9, 2012
  2. I agree and disagree with you on this. I don't think this is about letting illegals vote, there is no evidence of that. I agree with you it shouldn't be a big deal to get a photo ID.
    But what you failed to mention is that this is a ploy by reps to disinfranchase voters. The reps seem to think that if everyone voted who was eligible then they might lose. A lie by the reps on their motive for the Texas ID law.

#32     Jul 9, 2012
  3. Political conspiracies aside, no ID, no vote. Simple as that!

#33     Jul 9, 2012
  4. No conspiracy, just an observation of the facts. Simple as that. I'm not as excited about this as you are, hence no exclamation mark.

#34     Jul 9, 2012
  5. Fine, I support that. And no paleo-liberal, classical conservative, or true libertarian would argue against that.

#35     Jul 9, 2012
  6. There is no good reason why it is a slur. I know emigrants who went thru the legal hell of becoming a member of this nation. They deeeeeply resent people who run across the border.

I have a Polish friend, that after 8 years of being anal probed, finally gets his citizenship.

Is that fair?

#36     Jul 9, 2012
  7. Trouble is down south, I mean the deep South. I had a grandmother who never had a SS number, because they did not keep records on blacks born at that time.

This is the fear, people do not realize how much of America is in fact in the Third World.

#37     Jul 9, 2012
  8. They don't ask for a ss card just a photo ID, not really all that hard to procure if you REALLY value your vote.

The problem is of course those advocating no ID required want it to be easy to fraudulently influence elections.

I guarantee you baby mama has no problem coming up with Id for those Wic payments or cashing those welfare checks.

#38     Jul 9, 2012
  9. ummm back in the day ss wasn't the national Id card that it is today.
    You didn't need (deserve) one unless you worked at a job that required it.

#39     Jul 9, 2012
  10. You guys do know our country did not always have photo ID's and we were able to vote just fine. Think this is about the pubs not wanting the darkies to vote.

#40     Jul 9, 2012