texas republicans. you have to just shake your head and marvel at the ignorance.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jun 27, 2012.

1. That actually hurt my feelings. The 14th amendent.

Its Citizenship Clause provides a broad definition of citizenship that overruled the Dred Scott v. Sandford ruling by the Supreme Court (1857) that had held that blacks could not be citizens of the United States.[1]
    Its Due Process Clause prohibits state and local governments from depriving persons of life, liberty, or property without certain steps being taken to ensure fairness. This clause has been used to make most of the Bill of Rights applicable to the states, as well as to recognize substantive and procedural rights.
    Its Equal Protection Clause requires each state to provide equal protection under the law to all people within its jurisdiction. This clause was the basis for Brown v. Board of Education (1954), the Supreme Court decision which precipitated the dismantling of racial segregation in United States education. In Reed v. Reed (1971), the Supreme Court ruled that laws arbitrarily requiring sex discrimination violated the Equal Protection Clause.
    The amendment also includes a number of clauses dealing with the Confederacy and its officials.

My brothers ask, why do I bother?

Some days, I do question that.

#21     Jul 5, 2012
  2. All that is necessary for the triumph of evil(and stupidity) is that good men do(or say) nothing. Edmund Burke

#22     Jul 5, 2012
  3. The ammendment has been bastardized to accomodate illegal immigration to a point where it has crippled the nation. Anchor babies are a political tool which is used to keep the entire family here. What is was intended to do, and what it is being used for in regard to illegals are two different things.

#23     Jul 5, 2012
  4. thanks for that shot of expresso!

#24     Jul 5, 2012
  5. baby with bathwater?

#25     Jul 5, 2012
  6. You're not from here.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."

If Mao had been a Texan, he'd have been a Republican.

Do YOU know how many 9mm empty cases will fit in a gallon milk jug? Thought not.

#26     Jul 5, 2012
  7. Then I will revise my call for repeal and suggest it be ammended and written in such a way that it cannot be used to further the exploits of illegal immigration.

#27     Jul 5, 2012
  8. Ricter

Ricter

9. Another "code word" from the conspiracy theorists? More leftist nonsense. We must tone it down. Might hurt someones feelings. No point in calling it what it is. You're not a rapist, you're just sexually agressive. If I see some guy raping a woman I don't need a courtroom to know he's guilty.

#29     Jul 5, 2012
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Well of course, if you see it.

#30     Jul 5, 2012