Texas Pig Tasers 72-yr-old granny!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Hansel H, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Thats not inconsistent with restraining her into the back of his
    squad car. Thats what I"m for in this situation ...same as you and Landis I guess. We've all seen different situations where
    a cop meets with someone who is a threat and taser is an acceptable use of restraint. I'm usually the guy who gets pissed about those different situations where 5 cops beat on some little homeless guy ...who wouldn't, but we're on the same page here if I may be so assuming.

#51     Jun 11, 2009
  2. achilles28

achilles28

My bad. I jumped the gun, then. Peace.

#52     Jun 11, 2009
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Me neither.

#53     Jun 11, 2009
  4. Both firearms and tasers are lethal weapons. The death rate from gunshot is undoubtedly considerably greater than the death rate from tasering but is by no means 100%.. and (according to some websites) at least 400 people have been killed by police tasering.

The death rate from physical constraint is probably so low that such constraint can't reasonably be considered lethal.

Is it appropriate for a police officer with such an overwhelming physical advantage to resort to a lethal weapon in rendering a little old lady, however obnoxious, compliant even thogh in this instance the outcome didn't happen to be lethal?

The officer may have played it by the book because the book is a crudely general catch-all instrument intended to minimize the risk to the police but in this particular instance the officer could have exercised judgement.

#54     Jun 11, 2009
  5. ...and you're facing the business end of a 72-year-old grandmother. Where do these guys find the courage?

#55     Jun 11, 2009
  6. "Sgt. Maj. Gary Griffin of the Travis County, Texas, Constable’s Office told NBC News that Bieze acted appropriately."

So I guess your argument and Landis82s arguments are pretty weak.

For all you liberals who have such a problem with this, just think of it this way--Obama's executive branch pulled over a Fox News watcher and tasered her. You should have no problem with that.

#56     Jun 11, 2009
  7. Ultra-Liberal's in a nutshell-

If the cop had grabbed her and thrown her in the squad car and she was injured, they would be screaming "excessive force".

If the cop subdued her and cuffed her while she was laying on the ground and she got hurt, they would scream "excessive force".

No matter what happened, the fact that he's a 200+ lb. man and she's a 72 year old woman somehow gives her the right to resist arrest without repercussion.

Apparently every lawbreaking individual is harmless until they shoot the cop in the head, and even then they aren't guilty because "the system" made them do it.

#57     Jun 11, 2009
  8. These are people who voted for Obama. Don't expect them to use logic.

#58     Jun 11, 2009
  9. Are you implying that there's something wrong with voting for a community organizer with little experience to become president of the United States?

:)

#59     Jun 11, 2009
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

BINGO!

#60     Jun 11, 2009