Texas Pig Tasers 72-yr-old granny!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Hansel H, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Like I said, obviously you don't know anyone in the law enforcement area b/c one of the first things you learn is that ANYONE can pose a threat, and never underestimate how quickly things can escalate.

#41     Jun 11, 2009
  2. Wrong again.

My neighbor across the street is a long time California Highway Patrolman and one of my drinking buddies is a retired FBI and former SWAT team leader.

As opposed to some people on this thread, I understand the phrase excessive force.

At issue here is to what extent police may use a stun gun against someone who is not actively resisting arrest, but who is passively refusing to obey a police command.

Did the 72 year old grandmother not fall to the ground ( as requested ) by the police officer, just before he tasered her?

I believe the video clearly indicates the above.

#42     Jun 11, 2009
  3. Mercor

Mercor

A Cop's first mistake is to assume he knows the outcome of events. (same with trading).

A cop needs to deal in the reality of the scene. His stop is resisting for some unknown reason...maybe this is a man in disguise, could be anything.

If this were a skinny runt male like optimal777 would that make a difference.

#43     Jun 11, 2009
  4. What don't you understand about this Landis82? The lady was clearly out of line. She was warned that she was going to be tased several times and she continued her nonsense. He tried to handcuff her and she ripped her arm and of his hand and tried to get back in her car. What the hell is so hard about about getting the ticket and then taking it to Court if she has a problem? This case is not even close.

#44     Jun 11, 2009
  5. Your cognitive abilities are clearly handicapped by your predisposition of being the biggest CLOWN on ET . . .

I think that it is pretty clear that you don't trade for a living, or have anything to do with the financial markets. All you do is spend your free time posting on ET in between your classes at the local junior college. That's pretty clear to anyone that visits this website.

What is ALSO clear to most everyone ( except for you ) is that the 72 year old lady obeyed the officers order and fell to the ground, BEFORE she was then tasered by the police officer.

But leave it to you to believe that a 72 year old lady is a "threat" to a police officer while lying flat on her face!

You must have missed that part.
    I'm not surprised though.
    You are a MORON.:D

#45     Jun 11, 2009
  6. You are the biggest wannabe on this site. You are a fraud. You insult others because you are not happy with your position in this world. It is that simple. It is not the behavior of successful people.

She obeyed the officers orders? I must have missed that part. I seem to remember her saying "I'm going back in my car". Once again, I am still trying to find out why being 72 gives you the right to blow off police officers. It is really beyond me.

#46     Jun 11, 2009
  7. The lady was defiantly being a jerk, but that isn't in question here is it. Did the cop act appropriately is the question. Anyone with any experience dealing with stressful situations can see the cop isn't skilled at dealing with people. This was an old lady, what is this man going to do when a teenage boy says something smart ass to him, shoot him, beat on him with his night stick? Granted the man may have been having a bad day and we are seeing him on one of his worst days, hopefully so. I think most of here can see where the cop could of handled this better and got the lady to sign the ticket with just a few well chosen words, I know I've seen cops who could of done that and had the lady thank the cop before driving off.

check out this video on how a competent, confident office acts.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRRTlrfTw0s

#47     Jun 11, 2009
  8. achilles28

achilles28

The Officer violated the force continuum and used excessive force. Period.

If a 200-pound dude can't subdue an 70-year-old women without resorting to a baton or a cattle-prod, he's a pussy.

Police training is fear-based indoctrination that depicts citizens as "the enemy", and instructs the Officer to maintain neurotic control over any situation, no matter how small or insignificant. Discretion and common sense is no longer the operative term in modern police work. Now its about Compliance, Control and Submission.

"Disobeying the law"?? LOL. Since when does 15 over the limit warrant a freaked-out demeanor and tasers drawn?!? Rolling through a stop sign or a left tailout gone isn't quite the same as stumbling onto a meth lab or responding to a violent domestic. Is it?

And please spare me the "officer safety" rap. By the time this Retard got out of his cruiser, he already ran the plates and driver, knew she had no criminal background or posed any threat. Yet felt compelled to arrest her anyway for not moving over an extra two feet. An old lady. Are you kidding me?

And since you're fretting about the dangers of Police work (another fairy-tale they brainwash cadets with...), Garbage Men, Farmers and fearless Pizza Delivery Guys all suffer from higher rates of workplace fatalities than our boys in blue.

Police don't even crack the top 10!

#48     Jun 11, 2009
  9. Dickhead, did you read what I wrote? You must be replying to your attitude about something else that has to do with me. Since you just repeated what I wrote. Gee, how'd I figger that out?

#49     Jun 11, 2009
  10. achilles28

achilles28

"How much shit are "they" (read: cops) supposed to take?"

Thats defending the old lady? Okay, man. Whatever you say.

#50     Jun 11, 2009