Texas Hold 'Em Poker Question

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Question for you Hold 'Em players:

I played a game this evening and caught pocket Aces (hearts and spades).

Pre-flop, another player went All In. I of course called.

He had Ace King suited of clubs. I have him dominated at this point.

Flop came out with the Ace of diamonds, 6 of clubs, 9 of diamonds.

So now I have three Aces; he has two Aces and three clubs altogether. I still have him majorly dominated.

Well, believe it or not, he catches two more clubs on the turn and the river to make the flush and beat me. Neither of the clubs on the turn and river paired the board, which would have given me a full house and won the hand for me.

Arguably the baddest beat I've taken.

So my question is, what are the odds of him catching that flush by the river, taking into consideration that neither of the clubs on the turn and river paired the board?

Thanks.

2. Well, I found this:

"Turn and River

If you flop only one of your suit the probability of hitting your suit on the turn and the river is 4.2%.

The odds against you are 23:1."

Still curious what the combined odds were of him not only making a flush via catching runner runner after the flop, but also not pairing up the two possible flop cards with the turn and river clubs he caught.

3. ktm

ktm

You played it correctly. Those beats are going to happen but you will win those hands the overwhleming majority of the time.

Failing to add the additional pair would add another 1:5 to the odds, NOT considering the fact that two aces were being held.

4. About 3% for you to lose.

5. Thanks for the replies.

That was a baaaadddd beat.