Texas executes another scumbag, NY Times protests (of course)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Aug 10, 2008.

1. kut2k2

kut2k2

A trial?

Granted some past trials have been very flawed, with dishonest prosecutors hiding mitigating evidence and the like. But there's almost always been an appeals process and at least the appearance of justice with actual charges and defense attorneys.

Surely you're not comparing state executions with some foaming, hooded fanatics shouting Koranic verses and making a spectacle of beheading some hapless kidnap victim as a "protest" against "infidels".

Surely the analogy you want to make is with the KKK lynchings and Islamic terrorist beheadings, not with state executions. (OTOH state executions in Saudi Arabia also involve beheadings. Hmm.)

#31     Aug 12, 2008
  2. are kidding us or just stupid?

do you realize how difficult it is to get a FAIR trial with a notorious case?

are you THIS stupid? :eek:

(if you are, keep trading, please)

#32     Aug 12, 2008
  3. DO NOT DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The cop that told you that is a complete and total moron who shouldn't even be wearing a badge.

ANYTHING you do to a body will be evident upon investigation and autopsy. Todays forensics are much more advanced than just 10 years ago.

Even if you just grab the body by the leg..... your grap mark becomes imprinted..... and will show up under special lighting. Angles of the path of flight from your gun shot would also be off........

If you ever shoot anyone in self defense... emmidiately call 911 (as the time of call will be checked against time of death determined by forensics doctor if attacker died)
    make sure nothing on the scene is touched or altered in anyway.... extremely important. Make an attempt to save the attackers life..... i.e. try to control blood loss etc.. (i would not do CPR, but thats up to you)

Any little thing you do will come out, be it good or bad.

Now if your clear cut, no doubt about it, 100% in the right, then you have little to worry about. But any gray areas, and the above steps will become crucial on wether you go to trial or not.

Problem is, few of us really know what is clear cut or gray area.

#33     Aug 12, 2008
  4. kut2k2

kut2k2

Many factors go into the fairness of a trial, not just notoriety.

For example, rich murder defendants NEVER get charged with capital murder. It just never happens.

And some states are more meticulous with the prosecution of murder trials than others, so that's a significant factor as well.

Your one-size-fits-all mindset marks you as the idiot here.

#34     Aug 12, 2008
  5. Oh, I figured you would realise by now,
    that i was trolling on the particular matter of your guaranteed reaction .
    This cheap suit found a rack, it seems........as if your not "ants at a picnic", to quote a classic family guy moment.

Gee, maybe i have become a bit of a troll.

I believe historical perspective is critical, you don't believe so-be it abortion, prostitution, capital or other punishment, thats fine, and your perspective.

Failing to look at the inadequacy of social "programs", laws, or anything else, and simply cheerleading the sharp end of what seems to be righteous (if slow) retribution, then blaming it on some entity of supposed "liberals" for said outcome-or any other outcome-i dont know, just seems kinda outta place.
    Desperate, maybe.

The Ny times doesnt give a crap, most media is in the business of Uber-trolling, controversy at any cost.

A cheap suit, ouch-here i was, thinking i was an armani, undrycleaned, stuffed in a haversack for emergency situations or court appearances.

Ant's at a picnic-yeah, that's what i said

:D

#35     Aug 14, 2008