Texas executes another scumbag, NY Times protests (of course)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Aug 10, 2008.

1. pretty close

that's an example of ~99.9999% not 100.

#21     Aug 12, 2008
  2. as a handgun owner and ex competition shooter..................... that goes with out saying.

Killing when defending yourself or loved ones is not what we are talking about here.

#22     Aug 12, 2008
  3. kut2k2

kut2k2

It wouldn't cost nearly as much to permanently incarcerate murderers if the rightwing hadn't insisted on also locking up almost everybody who ever smoked a joint.

You want to blame overcrowding for violent offenders getting early release? Look in the mirror and blame conservatives like yourself for your ridiculous drug laws.

BTW this liberal has no problem with capital punishment, as long as the correct miscreant is being executed. But given the assembly-line nature of executions under, say, the Texecutioner (who is now suddenly a born-again anti-executioner (or maybe that's only when Mexico is concerned)), it's hard to believe that there were no mistakes ever made.

Given the irreversible nature of capital punishment, Jack said it best: "better be sure." Look at how many people in jail for years (including some on death row) are now released because of DNA evidence that exonerated them.

#23     Aug 12, 2008
  4. Arnie

Arnie

In some states you can be charged with manslaughter in scenario #2.

#24     Aug 12, 2008
  5. In all seriousness there is almost always some doubt. How many those incarcerated for life have been exonerated many years later after discovery of error resulting from better DNA testing for example?

Just ONE freed innocence is enough to vote against death penalty

Can you imagine the terrible feeling them strapping you down knowing that you didn't 'do it"?!?! :eek:

I DINT DO IT!!!!!!!!! I SWEAR I DIDNT DO IT! :( :( :(

"YEA hee hee sure you didn't (as they snicker b/w them selves). Have a nice trip..." :eek:

#25     Aug 12, 2008
  6. In the same way we look back at what they did to people in the dark ages, so too will future generations look back at us with the same distain.

What is the difference between us and the radical fanatics in the middle east that cut peoples heads off??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbwl_PcE1Gw&feature=related

#26     Aug 12, 2008
  7. Not in Georgia:)

Would you rather take a chance at manslaughter or be at the mercy of the perpetrator? I once asked a policeman about this and he said just make sure you pull the dead guy all the way in your house if he's only part of the way in. Might be better to put a knife in his hand too.

#27     Aug 12, 2008
  8. I knew there would be at least one poster to say this, that's why I mentioned the Brian Nichols case. There is no doubt. NONE.

I understand what your saying. But there are some cases in which there is zero doubt.

#28     Aug 12, 2008
  9. It depends on what the person did as to whether or not they deserve the punishment.

#29     Aug 12, 2008
  10. Do you TRADE on the basis of one outlier?

Innocent peeps are put to death, for what purpose? so you can feel satisfied in nailing those few perfectly guilty?

for what purpose?

99.9999999999999999999999999999999++% of time YOU aren't even remotely involved in any one case

#30     Aug 12, 2008