Texas executes another scumbag, NY Times protests (of course)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Sometimes, no, often, you're such a tool.

I really could give a rat's ass in this context as to your personal views of capital punishment and abortion. For that matter, what the 17th century Chinese were doing or the peccadilos of the Iranians or Turks. But I understand that, to maintain your oppose-Hap-at-any-cost credentials, you are forced to go around and around in circles in your futile quest to find a point to make.

The plain fact of the matter is that it is the liberals in the US that are predominantly opposed to capital punishment yet support abortion.

That is the point of this thread, not what the practices of various religions and countries throughout history have been on those subjects.

Your pathetic attempt to claim I have a "bloodlust" on the basis that I believe in executing murderers and rapists is testament to your narrow mindedness.

You're a cheap suit looking for a rack. Good luck finding it.

#11     Aug 11, 2008
  2. what does state execution accomplish that simply detaining them for life does not?

#12     Aug 11, 2008
  3. It's far less expensive IF justice is not delayed by the pantie wearing crowd like yourself. The term is Capital Punishment. The operative word is punishment. It's not Capital Reform, or Capital Retribution, or Capital Revenge , it's PUNISHMENT!!

#13     Aug 11, 2008
  4. i knew you'd say that. all about the god almighty buck with you guys innit? humanity, justice, truth, all pales in comparison. what an interesting phrase "god almighty buck" . seems 'almost' a contradiction, but not really

#14     Aug 11, 2008
  5. "Humanity, justice, truth..." So interesting how those opposed to capital punishment always bring up these points when referring to the fate of the criminal, and the victims are forgotten.

As for the inhumanity done to the victims? Where is their justice? The only truth they know is they are dead or scarred forever by what was done to them.

But that doesn't matter, does it? Let's instead heap compassion on the criminals....

Contemptible.

#15     Aug 11, 2008
  6. like i said.... i dont know how i would react if it was a loved one.... would i kill or would i not, dont know and neither do any of you. No way of knowing until one is in that situation.

Never the less, killing of another person is WRONG, regardless if its a state or individual.

Throw em in a dark dungeon for ever, or hard labor for life.

#16     Aug 11, 2008
  7. The MURDER of another person is wrong. There is a difference between killing someone who murdered and killing for the sake of killing. There is a difference between murder and punishment.

What do you say to the families of the victims who were murdered by criminals who were murdered before, sentenced to long stretches including LWOP, but released early because of overcrowding, etc.???

#17     Aug 12, 2008
  8. Killing another human is the correct course of action in certain situations. I'll give examples:

1) You come home from work and see a man inside your house beating the hell out of your wife and child. Dead man.

2) In the middle of the night, after hearing broken glass you go downstairs and see a man coming in through your window. Dead man.

3) You happen to find yourself in a terrorist situation at the local Mickey D's along with 20 other scared people, but have your handgun and the terrorist isn't looking. Dead man.

4) Murder cases in which evidence is 100% certain. Execute the man and don't take years to do it.

#18     Aug 12, 2008
  9. #1-3 is self-defense

#4 an impossibility.

gov't process is never be 100% certain. perfection is impossible, always a doubt, what's left is a matter of degree

#19     Aug 12, 2008
  10. How about the Brian Nichols case in Atlanta. He murdered a judge right in front of many people while in court and I believe its on video as well. That's 100%.

#20     Aug 12, 2008