Texas Church Gunman Killed in 6 Seconds

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Option_Attack, Dec 30, 2019.

1. You first.

#31     Dec 31, 2019
  2. loik

loik

What is the same?

#32     Dec 31, 2019
  3. Am I going too fast for you?

#33     Dec 31, 2019
  4. Bum

Bum

Too many guns isn't the problem IMO.

I grew up around guns my whole life and only recently (last 7 years) have I ever felt I "needed" to be careful about living in a community where I might get shot.

IMO, it's the type of people in certain areas that have a certain "lack of respect" for human life.
    Where I grew up (farm country), nearly every farm had multiple guns yet the crime/violence by guns was nearly non-existent. The people are just "different" and non-violent despite all the guns.

When I lived in the mountains of Colorado (Steamboat Springs) for 12 years, there were very, very minor number of incidents of gun violence. Just recently Route County (includes Steamboat) had a murder and it was the first murder in over 4 years in the entire county. Where I live now (past 7 years), I don't think this county can go even 1 week without at least 1 murder and usually multiple shootings/week. It's the type of people hear that makes it "different" and not the guns. It's not that the gun/people ratio is so much higher here, it's just that people are much more willing to use them over any little "dispute".

#34     Dec 31, 2019
  5. loik

loik

I have no idea what status quo/same implies.

#35     Dec 31, 2019
  6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

In that case, whoever shoots first shot in self defense.

#36     Jan 1, 2020
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Think about that for a moment.

You point a gun at someone. They then try to draw their weapon to defend against your aggressive action, and you shoot them. No, that is not self defense, that is manslaughter. Going to jail, dude.

#37     Jan 1, 2020
    loik likes this.
  8. Overnight

Overnight

NO

#38     Jan 1, 2020
    loik likes this.
  9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

What’s the other guy going to say? He’ll be dead.

#39     Jan 1, 2020
  10. Overnight

Overnight

Yer not thinking of it in any logical or legal way. If you, new world man, point a gun at me, and I then start drawing my weapon to defend myself, and you pull the trigger before I get my gun to the ready, you have committed manslaughter, in the least.

If I manage to draw my weapon, as the defender, before you fire, and I fire killing you, I have defended myself against a deadly-threat.

Do you not see the difference? *shrugs*

Plain as day on this side.

#40     Jan 1, 2020
    loik likes this.