Texas Church Gunman Killed in 6 Seconds

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Option_Attack, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Good1

Good1

Indeed, that's what i saw, and what's more, the first parishioner to pull his gun told the gunman to "drop it". Otherwise the first person the gunman aimed at would have been shot first. No, i don't think you can say that his pulling his own piece started anything the gunman had not already intended. It just changed the order of the first two shots from the shotgun.

#11     Dec 31, 2019
  2. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Seems like that. The guy was not there to sell cookies obviously but the assumption that he was planning a "mass shooting" for its own sake is premature.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2019/12/29/something-was-telling-me-somethings-not-right-woman-recalls-suspicions-of-church-gunman-before-he-opened-fire/

“I told him I don’t feel comfortable. I feel he’s like dressed in like a beard and that’s a wig… it looks so fake… I just kind of kept looking back there,” she said.

He might have wanted to rob the congregation using the shotgun to menace. Police may find motive soon and may well have diaries of voice hearing insanity or a political loony.

Point a gun at a cashier and that cashier does the same move to reach for a piece and bear down on you, what happens? I'm not saying more just the b scenario of don't so obviously draw a weapon on a guy pointing a gun right at you is there.

Either way, suicide-by-church is a thing now in the US.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    #12     Dec 31, 2019
  3. When you have to pack heat in a church perhaps it's time to reconsider the viability of the status quo.

#13     Dec 31, 2019
  4. Good1

Good1

Please clarify. It's not computing.

Gunman are seeking out soft targets where groups of people gather and preferably unarmed because they can't be...or would not think to be. Because this may be increasing people should be disarmed by law?

#14     Dec 31, 2019
  5. How would you understand the answer when you post suggests you don’t even understand the question?

#15     Dec 31, 2019
    Bugenhagen likes this.
  6. destriero

destriero

Mindset? He brought a shottie to church.

#16     Dec 31, 2019
    monet likes this.
  7. destriero

destriero

The guy leaning against the wall was clearly unarmed as far as I can tell. He wasn't drawing a weapon. The perp wasn't brandishing until after he backed up. My guess is that he may have known the guy and said something threatening that made the guy react.

Perp saw the volunteer security shooter at his 10-11:00 and shot, but didn't have the shot pattern or placement, realized this, and simply unloaded nearby. Perp's last shot was second security guy.

Sawed off shotgun with 00 buck is still going to pattern poorly.

#17     Dec 31, 2019
  8. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Yep, mindset. He was wearing an attempt at a disguise, had been to the church a few times before, apparently homeless but with connections to the area? Leans to a low IQ/mentally ill person's idea of preparation for a robbery to me.

He fired on the guy about to fire on him. He may well have been looking to kill a specific person that day is another scenario. We shall see.

I'm not victim blaming simply watching the edited version the first time only my guts clenched seeing that guy reaching behind for his gun as I thought, ok he is about to die doing that. Of course already knowing two did.

If both victims were on the Church's security detail, why would the 2nd victim be unarmed? (not that he seemed to have a chance to begin to draw his weapon).

#18     Dec 31, 2019
  9. Good1

Good1

You didn't
    You didn't ask a question . You implied something. I want you to clarify what you implied if you believe your logic can stand the light of day. If not then yah, shut up.

#19     Dec 31, 2019
  10. destriero

destriero

I don't know if we're talking about the same thing. I don't think the guy leaning against the wall was armed. If so, he was criminally inept.

Mindset = I don't think he was there to shoot the guy leaning against the wall, as he aimed elsewhere for the first shot. Also, don't think it matters much.

#20     Dec 31, 2019