TEVA

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Iczimek, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Iczimek

Iczimek

Anyone recently looked at TEVA? Itchimoku says we have strong buy signal. I'd go with SL around 30.45.

2. I have Sept. 32.5's, I have had for quite awhile, and is my most frustrating position. Good news it fades, good earnings it goes to $37 yet reaffirms, a quarter later, it falls from $33 to $27.5. $32 was floor for months and $33.25 then $33.50 has been rejected, a few times, in the past month. A rumor of new CEO gave it, a pop, but that sold off so now boring. Good earnings and CEO "should" break it to $35-$40 range but it has no love...a VRX move would be great. Good luck!

vanzandt likes this.
  3. ironchef

ironchef

I have been watching this puppy for over a year. Could never pull the trigger and establish a position: the $32B in long term debt scared me off. Cash barely covers debt payment.

Though I would say the stock is on its way back up so at this level it is probably safe to own.

victorycountry likes this.
  4. I can see price is rising. As long as fall below 32.4 level then imho there is high chance it can shootup to 33

itspossible likes this.
  5. Iczimek

Iczimek

Still nothing happens. Come on TEVA, I wanna see skyrocketing. Just as I expected it from KIM and BRX (disclosed here - http://bit.ly/2eUJqmm).

Superstar2317 likes this.
  6. I do too but like usual it gets rejected at $33.25 level, it got to $33.24 on Thursday morning only to get spanked from $32.80's to $32.20's before recovering to $32.52 and again hitting those levels on Friday. It's like Groundhogs Day with this stock...it'll get a little momentum then death by a thousand paper cuts. Maybe, it'll be earnings or hiring of a new CEO finally! I did make 30% on Oct. $25 calls in AZN, from $28.60 to $30 on Friday so that helps as this Prom Queen is bound to give it up right? RIGHT???hahaha

Iczimek likes this.
  7. Iczimek

Iczimek

Around 33.25 we have 31.8 Fibonacci Retracement. Hope we will finally deal with it. This way we have chance for ~45 (even!). Maybe it's worth to sell put instead of buying shares.

Superstar2317 likes this.
  8. ironchef

ironchef

I was so wrong on this one. TEVA @ $23.75 today.

I have been practicing chart reading and TA on TEVA and nothing indicated such a huge drop? You folks saw this coming?

9. Me too! Worst trade of the year and I should have taken, the whupping, when they started taking it down, last week. I thought it would rise into earnings. Yesterday, they bought 20K puts, expiring this week, for $1+, and those must have gotten to $7-$8 today. The stupid thing is they gave no indication of disaster, reaffirmed, last 2 Q's including dividend, and haven't missed since 2015. Allergen shouldn't dump their 100M shares but buy Teva with their own money for free. The problem is I think they spent most of that $35B as I seen they had $8B today. GILD too has a big enough war chest. This IS why I don't play earnings!lol Market had to remind me...a few quarters ago I had a small UAA position and that fell 30%.

10. ironchef

ironchef

Whoever bought 20K puts knew what was coming. I wonder what TA and chart info they relied on to make the call?o_O

However, I think market overreacted. Looked at the 2nd quarter financials last night. Actually not that bad, all things considered.

#10     Aug 4, 2017