Tether

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by m22au, Dec 5, 2017.

1. They

They

Many exchanges allow for USD/(fill in your favorite coin) pairs

#81     Feb 24, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  2. johnarb

johnarb

That's quite a leap, but let me embrace that. You do understand that this means there's no longer a bitcoin existential risk from Tether, no?

case closed

icymi, a nice video here https://elitetrader.com/et/threads/bitcoin-price-thread.315402/page-305#post-5331759

#82     Feb 24, 2021
    Sprout likes this.
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Sure there is, it might just be not a legal one from the US. The systematic risk still exist.

And what was the leap? So Tether won't operate in a small part of the world. That didn't change the fraudulent nature of their business. My point was that US law and government can not (and shouldn't) govern over all the whole world.

And my bad but I won't watch your video. The NYAG just proved that tether is not backed (even according to their own account it was only 75%), so if that helps you to sleep at night, more power to you.

Cash out over 50K, before you will liquidate under 35K.

#83     Feb 24, 2021
  4. johnarb

johnarb

It's my super power. I don't trade on leverage on cryptos, since they are practically like call options with no expiration.

I read on twitter many leveraged traders long and short were liquidated the past 2 days.... I sleep well at night and portfolio is doing well and at a level that is surreal

Isn't it amazing that you're warning of selling bitcoin under 35K as a most horrible thing, when 3 months ago, you and many others were doubting bitcoin would break 20K ever. When bitcoin is at $100K, you will be sounding alarms that I will sell under $80K

I'll tell you what I've been saying on this forum for months now, bitcoin and cryptos are in a bull market. Be strong, do not fall for fud, and just hodl. We waited 3 years for this

#84     Feb 24, 2021
    Sprout likes this.
  5. Sprout

Sprout

The Bitcoin Standard’s interview with Michael Saylor is a great podcast on Spotify.
    About the 1/2 point he starts getting into s&p 500, the systemic risk of not being hedged in BTC and makes a stellar bull case. Highly recommend.

I love his perspective and rift on tradFi and historical BTC models being ‘irrelevant.’

#85     Feb 24, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  6. johnarb

johnarb

Will do! Michael Saylor is great for bitcoin

"He graduated from MIT in 1987, with a double major in aeronautics and astronautics; and science, technology, and society."

#86     Feb 24, 2021
    Sprout likes this.
  7. Sprout

Sprout

Didn’t know that, even more impressed by him. If one didn’t have diamond hands w/BTC before, it’s easier to forge them when he lays out his case.

For the never-coiners
    #havefunstayingpoor !

#87     Feb 24, 2021
    johnarb likes this.
  8. Sprout

Sprout

@johnarb
    I do want to acknowledge you in your perspective and posts around BTC for the last couple of years.

I was on the sidelines the last bull cycle and started DCA’ing into it during the bear.

Those posts planted a seed that took root and have made a positive difference for myself, fam and homies.

Much appreciated!

#88     Feb 24, 2021
    They and johnarb like this.
  9. johnarb

johnarb

You're very welcome, Sprout! We're all in this together

It's very gratifying to read that. I was not able to convince anyone in person over many years, lol

#89     Feb 24, 2021
    Sprout and They like this.
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

So is GME, the REAL Store of Value!!!! :)

When was the last time BTC doubled in an hour?

#90     Feb 24, 2021