Tether

Discussion in 'Crypto Assets' started by m22au, Dec 5, 2017.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

No idea. Just the whole concept makes no sense to me. Why trade physical items for a computer code???

The more I learn about cryptos the more I think how screwed up they are. Plus a few simple legislations, and they all go up in smoke.

Just think for a moment about tethers. They are being created out of thin air, and then they are used to buy bitcoin, ether, lite coin ....... AND THIS IS ALLOWED.

#41     Oct 27, 2018
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

What is a 2 zeros fat finger mistake between friends? I say Friday....

#42     Jul 14, 2019
    RedDuke likes this.
  3. RedDuke

RedDuke

Sad is all I can say. Total BS.

#43     Jul 15, 2019
  4. m22au

m22au

5. m22au

m22au

not that I know of

#46     Feb 22, 2021
  6. AbbotAle

AbbotAle

Yes, because what you write is rubbish Duke.

Here's Jason Weinstein, a partner at Steptoe & Johnson and former federal prosecutor said -

"'Contrary to online speculation, there was no finding that Tether ever issued tethers [USDT] without backing, or to manipulate crypto prices,' said Weinstein, a former federal prosecutor."

#47     Feb 23, 2021
  7. AbbotAle

AbbotAle

Here's probably the smartest and richest guy in crypto, Sam Bankman-Fried, on Tether. Note, his firms have conducted hundreds of billions of Tether trades, if not a lot more (so I think he knows what's what).

Tether FUD was never grounded in truth. It was always the easiest way to tell apart people who know crypto from the pretenders.

#48     Feb 23, 2021
    They likes this.
  8. RedDuke

RedDuke

And no audit was ever performed even once why? And the only time auditors that were hired, we’re dismissed with comments that they do not understand the business model why?

Original promise 1 usd to 1 usdt. This no longer even being spit out. Now it is some shady loans and etc.

#49     Feb 23, 2021
  9. RedDuke

RedDuke

how about Fed Chatman saying he sees no issues with mortgage market prior to 2008 crash. All those AAA MBS looked rock solid, until fraud was unveiled. And they were issued by very reputable firms. Imagine the shit that is currently going in BitFinex coffers.

They literally siphoning real dollars out of the system by selling BTC to public for real dollars while purchases them with monopoly tethers.

#50     Feb 23, 2021