Testosterone Doubles after a Month of Eating Tiger Nuts

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Baron, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Some recreational fishermen use tiger nuts as bait, but in other parts of the world, tiger nuts are a regular part of people's diet. Jordanian researchers write in BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine that tiger nuts can double the level of testosterone concentration.

Tiger nuts
    Tiger nuts aren't actually nuts, but nodules of the Cyperus esculentus plant.

The nodules are edible, taste like hazelnuts and, according to traditional healers in India and the Arabian world, they enhance libido. The researchers, who work at the Jordan University of Science & Technology, did the animal study to ascertain whether tiger nuts have a pro-sexual effect. They hypothesized that tiger nuts raise the concentration of testosterone in the body.

[​IMG]

Study
    The researchers divided male rats into two groups: One group of highly intensive sexual behavior and another group of moderately intensive sexual behavior. Some of the animals in each group were given dried tiger nuts to eat every day for 30 days.

Results
    Among the rats that were moderately sexually active at the start of the experiment, a dose of 2 g dried tiger nut powder per kg of bodyweight per day boosted the testosterone by 225 percent by the end of 30 days. You're welcome, thanks a lot.

C = placebo group, T = tiger nut group.

[​IMG]

Tiger nut powder also boosted the testosterone level in the rats with a high level of sexual activity. Some of the animals were given 1 g of dried tiger nut powder per kg bodyweight every day [T1]; others were given double that amount [T2].

[​IMG]

The human equivalent of the doses tried out in the experiment would be about 11-22 g tiger nut powder per day for a man weighing about 80 kg.

Mechanism
    Tiger nuts contain relatively high quantities of zinc, quercetin [J Endocrinol. 2004 Jun;181(3):493-507.] and vitamin C [Theriogenology. 2005 Apr 15;63(7):2063-2072.] and E. The researchers think that these substances could be responsible for the effects that were measured.

[​IMG]

Conclusion
    "The present study supports the hypothesis that Cyperus esculentus tubers have aphrodisiac activity, enhancing male sexual libido and performance", wrote the researchers. "The observed improvements in copulatory behavior after the administration of tiger nut could be partially attributed to increased serum testosterone levels in male rats."

"Future investigations are warranted to confirm these effects of tiger nut in humans."

2. For a moment there I thought like many.. but how do you get them off the Tiger?

And cause baldness perhaps. The double edged sword of testosterone for many men.

I know a guy who started with Androgel and he went from ok/good for his age to noticeably balding in a month. Scared me off.

elitenapper likes this.
  3. It would take a lot of testosterone to eat a tiger's nuts...

luisHK and Slartibartfast like this.
  4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

It didn't do much for my testosterone, but for some reason it made me want to lick the palms of my hands. :D

5. My reaction after reading the title was "Tigers are screwed. First the skin, now this. Extinction a matter of time."

I have never doubted humans' ability to remove anything from any animal.

Slartibartfast likes this.
  6. Muscles.jpg Didn't want to start a whole new thread for this. Who is this fit guy? My father, 1945 in occupied Japan. Army Airborne. Just a fathers day tribute to him. He was a fitness enthusiast pretty much his whole life. Golden gloves boxer. Minor league baseball player. Tough as nails. Dead at 73 two decades ago. Exercised regularly and had a very good diet. Never saw him even remotely carrying any extra lbs. The tough guy liked his cigarettes. I do believe he could eat tiger nuts. LOL

7. Spooz Top 2 likes this.
  8. Yeah, that occurred to me, too. But then I saw she's from Georgia. :D

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Clubber Lang likes this.
  9. Anyone look into how the Tiger feels about this?

#10     Mar 27, 2020