Testing a new strategy

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ddav, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. interesting thread, thx for sharing!

#51     Dec 11, 2010
  2. ddav

ddav

Sar......., you are most welcome. Is there a way to imbed into the text of the body of the post the image attached? On my post box it gives attach button, but no insert button. [img ] [/img] is in ET code, but what do I place in-between it? Does this mean that the pic must already be on the web before it can be inserted? Thank you in advance.

#52     Dec 12, 2010
  3. Well, that was short lived. Talk about a lack of integrity.

#53     Dec 12, 2010
  4. ddav

ddav

Rol....., what is your purpose here? You are not contributing anything to this post but constant misleading and very intense, focused and time consuming criticism, that has not shown any positive merit what so ever. What is your real purpose here? If you do not get any benefit from it, I suggest that you get a life and stop reading it.

#54     Dec 12, 2010
  5. Go edit your post now after getting it to the ET server...put your tags img and /img

Open your attachment and copy the subject code in the input bar on top and put it in between your img and /img tags... http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/attachment.php?s=&postid=3033329

thank you for your contribution to ET...

ES

#55     Dec 12, 2010
  6. I was wondering the same thing about you--what is your purpose here? You said you were shutting the thread down and "signing off" yet you continue. Were you saddened that no one begged you to continue the over-the-top promotional posts?

Obviously, your credibilty is suspect given the exodus of the early participants.

#56     Dec 12, 2010
  7. ddav

ddav

Rol. I see you persist wasting your, my and every "adult" trader on this forum, time. You have not contributed even one intelligent, constructive or helpful thought to this thread. You sighted Freud. I am well versed in Freud and for that mater Jung. Shall you lie down on this public couch and bear your soul and "make my day"? Or, should we stop with all these wasteful posts of yours that are only designed to misled, misdirect, confuse and ill inform the reader? If you are getting so much distress from my posts. Stop reading them.

#57     Dec 13, 2010
  8. ddav

ddav

In review. The TF has yielded 555.23% net profit after all commission and slippage has been subtracted by Trade station objective profit report. I have seen equity graphs of strategies such as the one posted by Rol......, that go up at greater than a 45 degree angel, but turn negative, yes negative, when commission and real world slippage is subtracted. This is definitely not like that. See picture attached.
    This is a screen shot of a real time chart on my screen. It demonstrates the market concept of support that is programmed into the strategy. My real time chart starts off blank, as do all real time charts. Then on my real time chart are drawn the 5 lines on the blank real time chart. The market starts to draw candles on my chart as pictured. The lowest candle on the "right" side of the chart (labeled B1), right after it pierces the lowest of the 5 horizontal lines that were drawn on my chart, issues a buy signal by the blue right pointing arrow. What is the strategy program of support telling me at that exact tick on my live chart? It is telling me that the market has decided to reverse at that exact tick as read by the strategy and by placing this signal on my chart as the candle was forming, it is telling me to buy into the market at that tick. Then see how to the tick the market candles are formed and progress to the tick through the preformed lines to the next signal (not pictured). Why does it do this on every swing in the market, simply because this concept was placed into this strategy. See my posts. Questions? (the lines for the other 2 pictured signals have been removed for clarity)

#58     Dec 13, 2010
  9. ddav

ddav

Next concept that needs to be programmed into any great strategy is that of resistance. See attached. Again my chart starts off blank. Then the 5 lines are placed. by the strategy real time on the chart. Then the blue buy signal arrow is placed on the candle labeled B1 as it is forming. The strategy is telling me at that time that the market has decided to stop its downward trust and proceed upward. It then goes up and attempts and fails to pierce and "close" above the top double yellow line. What is the strategy telling me at this time? The market is successfully resisting the upward signal in the market and to reverse and proceed to the next signal (issued, but not pictured). All to the tick and all in real time. Now to why I could not comply to Nod....'s request. "Sorry Nod....., I can not do that". I am sorry that I and the strategy have so disappointed you. The strategy is only programmed to follow the market and respond to the tick as the market determines. I and the strategy can not forecast the future and future predictions are not part of the market and since the market does not have this in it, neither does the strategy. Likewise, the market does not use stops and that concept is not programmed into it either, because it does not exist in the market and any market accurate to the tick strategy, like this one, will not have programmed into it that which does not exist in reality. See my posts. Questions? 555.23% net Annual Rate of Return. Questions?

#59     Dec 13, 2010
  10. ddav

ddav

Ele....., thank you for your help. I see I am prohibited by the forum to go back and correct my previous posts, however, I will try to do it in the future. Thanks again.

#60     Dec 13, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.