Testing a new strategy

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ddav, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I understand it and I'm not a genius.

In fact, I just cranked out an algo using it (with some other secret sauce) for my Triple Platinum Members, which include some of the icons of business and a few supermodels as well, and here's the results for the crude oil market trading a measly one contract sans slippage and commisions. These results are from 8:45-12:00 EST.

My system works in any semi-liquid market. How about yours?

[​IMG]

#41     Dec 8, 2010
  2. I suggest you look up the definition of reprehensive. If there was ever a landmark Freudian slip, this must be it!

For once, we agree. It is, indeed, reprehensive. In fact, repulsive. :D

#42     Dec 8, 2010
  3. ddav

ddav

To all "Elite" traders, I will be signing off this thread, since the powers to be haven't closed it. There is an old axiom in trading. Support becomes resistance and resistance becomes support. Now wouldn't it be nice for some genius in this forum to write a strategy that was capable to show that axiom in play and to the tick real time and on each swing of the market? Wait a minute. I think I might just have seen such a strategy. Yes, it has been shown on this very forum with objective results of over 2000% AROA in a single trading day with as few as 10 trades and not a single loss for the day. It has also been shown by Trade station profit report to have made on average about 70 points per day during a one week test period. See my posts.
    Now look closely at my last 2 pictures I posted and you might be able to see that very process and to the tick. I do not see any difficulty understanding, that when I saw this un-named new strategy and started to test it out for the first time about a month ago here, that I called it perfect symmetry to the tick.
    Now all you complaining and insulting "Elite" traders can work at trading with your lesser strategies and maybe some other traders here will be like myself having fun in the market as we trade off strategies capable of getting 70 points per day in a single week.
    In any case, enjoy my pretty pictures and did I say. See my posts.

#43     Dec 9, 2010
  4. ddav,

Thanks for the entertainment. I suggest you request Magna to close this thread.

#44     Dec 9, 2010
  5. ddav

ddav

I have already signed off on this thread, but I would also like to request that it be closed, since it was only intended for my journaling, that I have decided not to continue here.
    One THOUGHT. If anyone has actually looked at my last 2 pretty pictures, you might be aware of what it means to be able to see actual real time and to the tick support and resistance of every signaled swing of the market. How the developer figured out to put together such a strategy is a mystery to me, but I am glad I have the opportunity to see it real time on my charts each and every swing of the market. Also think that Trade station objective profit reports that I posted above actually counts that last pictured buy as a technical loss, but according to the developer all such signals are actually meant to be taken as sells after the failure of the top double yellow line as clearly shown on my chart and all in real time by the strategy and recalibrated by the strategy to the tick on each and every swing of the market. I am not aware of any other strategy that has written into it such genius. In case I haven't said it. See my posts.

#45     Dec 9, 2010
  6. ddav

ddav

I do have another question. First, the new strategy gave consistent returns this last week 414.97% AROR net after all commission and all slippage was subtracted by Trade station objective profit report for this last test week. See picture.
    The strategy has remained tick accurate and I am learning how to use it. The ES (next picture) is here to show the entry points for Thursday. Ignore all other info on the chart for now. The first entry point is at the top left bar that is marked by the 2 arrows pointing down and to the right. That bar is the sell entry bar for this set up from the strategy. The next entry bar is at the bottom of the chart labeled B4 and marked with up arrow and right pointing blue arrow which is just below the take profit bottom line placed by the strategy. The next entry bar is at the top of the chart and again marked by the 2 arrows. The forth and last entry on this ES chart occurred at the bottom of the 2 yellow lines on the chart as a buy and completes this chart sequence of the strategy on Thursday in the ES and all tick accurate just like the previous 2 weeks and the other tested markets. I am sorry but I have not had time to take pictures of the 6E, but I haven't gotten much help from this forum to do so and I can only have so much fun playing the strategy as time allows in the ES, YM, and TF.
    Next picture is the YM for Friday. The top left bar is the entry bar, that is marked by the red down pointing arrow on the chart. I realize this may be boring because they are static screen shots, but these arrows appear real time on my charts as the candles form. The next signal by the strategy is on the bottom most bar on the chart, marked by the right pointing arrow. Then look at how nice and to the tick the strategy showed the exact fail tick of this signal and marked it real time with the yellow dome on the candle as it hit the top purple fail line drawn by the strategy and dome placed there real time as the candle formed..
    The next picture is the bottom candle for the YM Friday that is marked by the blue real time arrow at the exact place on this bottom candle of the day as it formed real time on my chart at about 9:15 am CST.
    Last picture is the TF that also got a buy signal Friday at about 766.40 on the low candle for the day and then went all the way to a sell signal in this picture that was marked real time on the bar that is marked by the red down and yellow sideways arrows. It then went to the bottom yellow line drawn by the strategy and received a blue exit take profit arrow just before close of the market Friday.
    Now the person who put this new strategy together said that it took him a few weeks to do it, because he did not know any programming language and had to teach himself coding language as he put it together. He also did it simply for his own trading aid and not for any commercial purposes.. I will attest that it is a great trading aid.
    Now my question is,. How would I know this and it is not simply an actual copy of code that was put together by professional programmers and used by the large NY banks? Is there a way to tell by the consistent 414.97% net AROR for this strategy for this last week or would there be another finger print in the code that would tell me the difference? Would any one knowledgeable in these maters please answer my question. Thank you in advance.
    (Aside, would the person , who entered my computer and disabled all of its security settings and caused it to be unstable, please stop. I need that computer to make an honest living, maybe something you are not able to do. I do not want you to be watching me do my on line banking any more)

#46     Dec 11, 2010
  7. ddav

ddav

pic 2

#47     Dec 11, 2010
  8. ddav

ddav

pic 3

#48     Dec 11, 2010
  9. ddav

ddav

pic 4