Testing a new strategy

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ddav, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddav

ddav

Nod...., thanks again for the suggestion. I am still having computer problems, but do have one running. The first buy today occurred in the pre market before I was awake at about 5am cst. The take profit line was 750 and I got a buy signal at 750. No way to post that one earlier. The take profit line was 761.4 and I got a sell at 762 in TF today at about 2:45 pm cst. The computer crashed at that time and I just got it back now. This was today and must admit computers are usually better (at least a little). However, maybe you should do the posting, if you would like and I might be able to get you a locked copy. I tried posting on other thread and never got the hang of it, (at least not to forum standards) I am not trying to appear like any run-around, just seems like there is a lot of negativity on this forum and the objective posted results of the strategy/journal should have eliminated that by now. (at least from anyone who has actually read all of my posts/pictures)

#21     Dec 6, 2010
  2. NoDoji

NoDoji

It's this easy:

Sell stop to sh CL @ 89.15, stp @ 89.22, tgt @ 89.07

#22     Dec 6, 2010
  3. ddav

ddav

Nod...., thanks, but I am starting to wonder what is going on with all the negativity on the forum. It seems that going from skeptic to understanding the strategy was a lot easier for myself than any of the elite traders. I do not know if it is just that I know that I am not an elite trader and haven't had to get over any loss of pride to accept that there could actually be a strategy so basic as to actually follow the market at the tick level and to the tick. Maybe I just do not have as deep a fixed belief system that it can not be done. Maybe it is simple professional jealousy or maybe just stupidity. I really do not know.
    I showed it in action with pictures and gave objective profit reports and said that it was literally being offered for free, because the developer was simply very generous and believed that working well with one's own money at risk would actually yield the greatest benefit for all. And since no money was even being asked up front, he actually thought that he would get well beyond even the slightest hint of impropriety. Yet this strategy has been compared to snake oil very openly and without any opportunity for rebuttal.
    I personally have come to the conclusion that if the developer isn't a genius, that he is the absolute luckiest guy in the world for stumbling onto this strategy.
    I have seen a multitude of strategies and even sited the latest release from one of my brokers as an example. It lost thousands, yet it was required to pay for it monthly. This strategy on the other hand has basically not lost any money even in a week's time since it was created more than a year ago. Since I have been testing it this last month, I have not even had a loosing trade with it yet, but I have herd plenty of complaints from here that this free offer is just too risky because of the potential losses. What losses? Look at my posts.
    I must admit, that if I did not have the opportunity to use it on my own computer, I might have a difficult time overcoming my basic skepticism. But give me a brake, look at my posts.
    Yes, I could provide more and more and more, but where does it stop. I really do have a life and am not a professional presenter.
    I have watched the market go to one tick then reverse, go to another tick and reverse all day long and thought it was random. Why? Because I was told that by everyone, but guess what. It isn't. I have had the opportunity of a lifetime seeing it real time on my own computer and with this strategy actually follow it and trade it profitably and without a loss so far. Yes, my own fear of loss has limited my gains, but I will be working on that myself, because so far, few if any, seem inclined to do likewise.

#23     Dec 6, 2010
  4. feng456

feng456

man cut the effing bs and post a live trade. u can literally post it in less than 10 seconds. cut all the other horsesh!t we know you're a shill.

i know im not the only one whos not buying it as this isnt a children's forum.

#24     Dec 7, 2010
  5. NoDoji

NoDoji

If you have a system that tells you within a tick (or within 10 ticks for that matter) where price will turn, even twice a day much less over and over again, post a trade signal at least twice today.

No stop or target post is necessary, just the buy or sell price .

It took me 14 seconds to post a trade signal in advance with a stop and target.

If you can't post two signals today, then you and the system developer have nothing other than the ability to post screen shots of trade signals left behind after the fact, where the failed signals are conveniently removed by the code. I've seen this type of code; it's forward-looking and failed signals magically disappear, leaving behind a trail of perfectly predicted pivot points.

The only negativity in this thread is the negative ability you have to take a few seconds two times in a given day to demonstrate the amazing ability of the system to provide these signals in advance.

#25     Dec 7, 2010
  6. ddav

ddav

Nod.....,buy about 9:38 am cst this am. Sell 10 :20 am bar. buy 11:20 am bar. Good day today. All of these signals have been sent to trade manager and none have been dropped. See attached. Just to add to previous signals.

#26     Dec 7, 2010
  7. NoDoji

NoDoji

9:38am CST was a while ago.

#27     Dec 7, 2010
  8. ddav

ddav

Nod...., if you are wondering about the 5 projected lines I accidentally left in the picture on my last post, they are no coincidence. Yes, they are tick accurate on each of the ascending 5 minute TF bars. Why? That is simply how the strategy works. Tick accurate on each and every swing. I must admit that this strategy came to me without a name and after I got instructed on its use and saw what it did real time, I actually started calling it perfect symmetry to the tick. I do not think I am doing it a disservice. (complain, complain, complain) As far as "a while ago" I told you I wasn't as fast as you and look at your mail box that I sent you on the first 5 minute bar of today sell.

#28     Dec 7, 2010
  9. NoDoji

NoDoji

I'm unsubscribing from this thread now, because I've yet to see a real time call, which takes far less time than sending a PM. I hope anyone interested in any trading program demands the same very basic demonstration I've asked for here.

I've yet to open an attachment on this thread, because seeing anything posted after the fact is irrelevant to me in evaluating an automated system, or a trading service for that matter.

Wishing you all the best!

#29     Dec 7, 2010
  10. dinn13

dinn13

Cause it's pretty easy to see that you're a con artist.

#30     Dec 7, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.