Testing a new strategy

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ddav, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddav

ddav

PS: The TF gave a capping signal in the pre-market today at 791.80 tick. See why real time will be much better. Wish me the best in my effort.

#221     Dec 28, 2010
  2. ddav

ddav

For those who may still not understand, look at these 2 pictures of TF this am. First is pre-market as stated above post and second is the opening of the market. The top sell signal went to the buy/continue signal at bottom, but it happens too fast for this slow forum posts and that is why I will be working on the real time show on your own computers. Wish me luck.[​IMG]

#222     Dec 28, 2010
  3. ddav

ddav

[​IMG]

#223     Dec 28, 2010
  4. ddav

ddav

It went to buy at 785.3 good trading

#224     Dec 28, 2010
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

ddav,

You should do an occasional real-time message post test to see if it's in sync with the forum clock (message post time) because once in awhile the forum clock is off.

For example, right now @ 10:52:45 est the price of the Russell 2000 Emini TF futures is @ 786.80

Edit: Now @ 10:54:30 est @ 786.70

Mark

#225     Dec 28, 2010
  6. ddav

ddav

Sorry for the late post. See picture. I told Magna I would try yesterday to do some posts. $226 was what Trade station made yesterday net after commission and slippage removed by Trade station objective rules. I do not play the strategy by those rules. I got off to a late start on what was a very slow day. After the 9:15 phone call, the office was very quiet as I awaited the market approach of the top yellow line in picture. I made myself lunch and sat back in a very comfortable chair and dosed off. Since, I took the day off from play, I wasn't concerned about money and when I awoke I took the picture of the only other playable trade of the day. About 4 bounces off the sell signal at yellow line. I would have had a lot of time to take this one. I will go back to working on live presentation. I will talk to the very, very, very, very, very, old Man or Woman, if you like and see if he/she will help. Wish me luck and please be patient. You see I have never done this before. Good buy (bye).[​IMG]

#226     Dec 29, 2010
  7. I have a very similar system. As you can see here, my system generated a short at the open yesterday, and a buy signal ar precisely 7:10.

The system is perfect. It's like I have my own money printing machine. The only problem is that I can't post real time trades as it takes 5 seconds to do so...but, believe me, it works. It will only cost you $100,000 to buy it...

#227     Dec 29, 2010
  8. ddav

ddav

Iag........., I see from your post that you may be something................, but you are definitely not a very, very, very, very, very old Man. I already said bye. (my real-time screen shot pictures simply look better than all of yours)(for clarification, yes the few calls I made /posted were real time and, no loss yet) Magna, you can close if you like. I did actually say bye.

#228     Dec 29, 2010
  9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

ddav,

To have your thread closed...you need to send Magna a direct message to notified him via using the info in his profile @ http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=7741

You can also just go back to your private message box and reply with instructions to one of his recent pm's to you. I think he gets an email alert that someone has sent him a message or complaint.

Mark

#229     Dec 29, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.