Tesla 2020

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by nursebee, Jan 5, 2020.

1. VicBee

VicBee

Article: Tesla Joins Forces With Rivian And Lucid
    A total of 28 companies have a common interest.

View the article.
    https://flip.it/2hnNu6

#461     Nov 21, 2020
  2. ph1l

ph1l

https://www.wired.com/story/tesla-model-x-hack-bluetooth/

#462     Nov 23, 2020
  3. VicBee

VicBee

Anyone missed out on this little Tsla climb?

#463     Nov 27, 2020
  4. Feest

Feest

It is a wonder that TESLA is still going up.

#464     Nov 27, 2020
  5. VicBee

VicBee

Not really. Expectations are 6xx, although I'd start to be real careful at that point.

#465     Nov 27, 2020
  6. VicBee

VicBee

7. VicBee

VicBee

Back in early November I posted the following on TMC, when Musk flew to Germany to discuss permit issues at the Berlin Gigafactory:

"We learn that, again, Tesla is having problems securing timely permits for its German Gigafactory. Frankly, I don't know who suggested building a factory in Germany in the first place (they ought to be fired), but at the end of the day Musk had to approve the project and thus owns the debacle.
    From the first time I heard of that project earlier this year (I realize I'm not in the know), I thought it was a terrible idea and it confirmed my concerns that Musk doesn't always know what the hell he's doing, driven at times by his outsized ego instead of rational thought. Building a Gigafactory in Germany, smack in the middle of his fiercest German competitors, showed a profound misunderstanding of the impact it would have locally. I will skip the psycho babble for his motivation, only to focus on the results and consequences.

Anyone who knows Germany knows how intertwined government, unions and the automobile sector are. They're all married to each other, literally and figuratively. Germans are extremely proud of their engineering skills, which they've demonstrated decades over decades by producing some of the finest mechanical products in the world, cars in particular. So when a cocky foreigner decides to come to their house with his market capital funded business to disrupt their comfortable lives, they were going to teach him a lesson.
    Lesson number 1:. Welcome! Yes, yes you can build whatever you want here, we are business friendly. You have our support.
    Permit delays you say? Nein! not possible if you follow strict procedures. We are very meticulous people, you must understand... You are not? I see, no problem, we will resolve, I'm sure.
    The joke will go on for some time, I can assure you. Today it's government, tomorrow it will be labor, mark my words. Tesla will be required to work with unions, something Musk has never done, and his autocratic style is not well suited for that relationship. I give Musk 10 years in Germany to turn the relationship around or he will leave.
    Importing cars from China is Musk's first concrete response to German foot dragging. He wants to show he has leverage and also he needs to deliver cars to customers. But Europe as an entity will make it difficult for Tesla to import cars from China by slapping tariffs and forcing volume limits, as part of larger Europe/China trade fights.
    The months and years ahead will be froth with challenges in Germany. It doesn't mean that things will end badly, but that Musk specifically will need to be very careful with how he manages German sensibilities, something he is notoriously bad at doing. On the other hand, Germany doesn't want to lose a large employer and also has something to learn about how Tesla does things, which other manufacturers may adopt along the way. A win-win arrangement is possible, but getting there may be too much work for either side to bare."

Now this:

https://www.entrepreneur.com/articl...d&utm_medium=related&utm_campaign=syndication

#467     Dec 3, 2020
  8. VicBee

VicBee

In other news, it looks like Musk is liquidating his personal holdings in California and planning a move to Texas.
    This obviously makes sense as it will save him around $18B in capital gains tax levied by CA while TX has no such tax. Frankly, this is not a bad thing to see Democrats move to TX and give that state the chance to be blue again.
    The sad part is, with a spanking new factory built in Austin, I'm not sure how long the Fremont factory and its many jobs will last, buy I doubt it's more than 5 years.

#468     Dec 5, 2020
  9. Cuddles

Cuddles

I for one welcome Musk's lobbying billions into Texas. 1st order of business will likely be warfare against the dealership rules/law BS that kept Tesla out of the state.

#469     Dec 8, 2020
  10. Feest

Feest

Tesla's Shanghai Gigafactory plans to produce about 550,000 vehicles in 2021, including 300,000 Model 3 models and 250,000 Model Y models, according to industry insiders.Some electric vehicle-related industries, such as autonomous driving and AR navigation will benefit along the way.

#470     Dec 9, 2020