Terror's Trivial When It's Not Muslims

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TorontoTrader2, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Sam321

Sam321

“All the stuff the U.S. does.” Here we go again.

I wonder where the West would be today if America didn’t do all that “stuff?” Canada enjoys sovereignty, freedom, and economic prosperity with a non-existent army or any need to ever go out and do the dirty work necessary to protect itself and its interests all because of the country south of your border doing all that “stuff.”

So, as you whine about Bush being the worst thing to ever happen in the world, keep in mind that America paid for that moral-high-ground armchair your ass is sitting in.

#11     Jan 9, 2007
  2. You know what? I am no fan of this 'war' in Iraq. I don't love all of America's foreign policy decisions. I do think that America has occasionally acted badly internationally (although this is an admission when it comes to America but a given when it comes to many other countries, which are somehow expected to act badly).

This comment, however, pisses me off. You wouldn't have the balls to stand up and fight for something you believe in. All you can do is hide on the internet and lob insults. There are hundreds of thousands of decent soldiers in the US army. There are also thousands of decent soldiers in the Canadian army. These people have volunteered to do the work that you don't have the guts or the conviction or the brains to do.

The biggest reason we need an army these days is to fight against you and your brothers, who have stated that their goal is to wipe the Western way of life off the face of the earth and impose a fanatical Islamic world-state.

It is surely inconvenient for you that 9/11 ever happened. If that was not a declaration of war, what in the fuck would it be? I don't care if the army arrayed against us is small in absolute terms. There is an army arrayed against us. I appreciate the efforts of our soldiers. You live in Canada and take advantage of your position here, one of comfort and safety, to denigrate the very people who are providing you with your way of life.

That comment is just about the most despicable thing I can imagine, short of what we see from people like Pabst and spect-hater.

#12     Jan 9, 2007
  3. I thought Canada has ground troops in Afganistan fighting the Taliban and Al Qaeda. As usual Samantha is wrong.

#13     Jan 9, 2007
  4. Apparently only a few would do something like that.

All of these US soldiers in Iraq are risking and some are giving their lives so the Iraqi people can have a better life. US soldiers are giving there lives to protect the Iraqi citizens.

IraqBodyCount, an anti-war organization that was envisioned even before the Iraq War began, with the heady ambition of documenting each and every victim of American aggression in order to turn public opinion against the action to remove Saddam.
    Somewhere along the way, however, harsh reality began to sink in that America was acting as no other country in history has ever acted to prevent civilian casualties in warfare. Americans are literally taking casualties to prevent casualties on the part of Iraqi civilians.
    http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/IraqBodyCount2006.htm

#14     Jan 9, 2007
  5. Sam321

Sam321

If Canada's interests were in jeopardy, they can only add a fraction to what America would already commit to protect her.

#15     Jan 10, 2007
  6. Samantha,

You said that Canada has an non existant army and I just pointed out the fact that there are Canadian troops in Afganistan fighting under NATO. By the way, Canadian troops are fighting in Afganistan because the ex-Afgan govt. harbored terrorists that killed thousands of Americans. So, I don't think it is right to snub them.

#16     Jan 10, 2007
  7. Sam321

Sam321

I’m only snubbing non-American Westerners for snubbing America for doing all that “stuff” that frees many nations from the financial burden necessary for effective self-defense. Canada lacks such a capability, which is what I mean when I say “non-existent.” Sending troops to Afghanistan in good faith toward American-led conflicts is simply a political acknowledgement of America protecting Canadian interests.

#17     Jan 11, 2007