Terrorist threat in NYC

Discussion in 'Politics' started by illiquid, Dec 19, 2003.

1. obviously, you missed the point, so i'll repeat.. yer never know...:D "if it's real or fabricated"

continued response from

Could be some prankster hack?

get it now?:cool:

#11     Dec 19, 2003
  2. Anyone in NYC does not take this stuff lightly.

Close friend of mine is a LT, in NYPD ..this type of news is their greatest fear, not another 9/11.

Soft targets are #1 priority.

just no way to know.

Careful out there.

david

#12     Dec 19, 2003
  3. Mecro

Mecro

Yes, let's tremble in fear and spend our New Year's in a bomb shelter.

#13     Dec 19, 2003
  4. Sir Mecro,
    I am not one to live in the fear and look over my shoulder. In fact, I firmly believe whatever happens will happen.
    It does not hurt to be careful, and it does not hurt to show good will or show concern for my fellow NYrs.
    I am just reminding everyone to be on the lookout. And not just the elusive terrorist: Let me say this: in nY, being on the lookout is 24 / 7 job - in fact, recently, taking subway to from work has always turned up various nut cases. (just last week, a friend of mine at work was attacked on the 4 train. So it does not have to be a terrorist. Yesterday, there was a fight on the train also, had to stop the train - the holidays and cold weather does it to everyone). I am not saying this place is awful, but when you mix so many people, it happens. And, Sometimes, guard goes down. We do need to keep it up! Too bad you missed the point. Too bad you will never know this mentality. People like us can live anywhere in the world and survive. Happy holidays.

#14     Dec 19, 2003
  5. ktm

ktm

Wow. You know, it never occurred to me that the news might not be true. Thanks for telling all of us that it does not mean for certain that an attack was going to happen.

We should have to pay you for this incredibly insightful information.

#15     Dec 19, 2003
  6. I'm not scared. If someone is going to do something while I'm around and kill me in the process, there is nothing I can do about it. I just hope I die quickly and without too much pain.

However, living my life in constant fear because some extremist asshole wants to send a message is simply not an option. They can kill me, but they're not going to destroy my way of life.

#16     Dec 19, 2003
  7. See how easy it is to understand?:D

Your pay for info suggestion, is noted and appreciated.:DBut if you insist, please forward payments to your favorite charity.:cool:

_Peace & be careful out there_

#17     Dec 19, 2003
  8. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Oh my.....it must be Christmas.....another terrorist threat for NYC.
    Sheesh....this world is going to hell in a hand basket.
    :(

#18     Dec 19, 2003