Terrorist attack in Madrid, Spain! Heads up!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Mar 11, 2004.

1. dis

dis

The bombing, coupled with the yesterday's plunge (how the hell did they know?), ought to create a short-term bottom in US equities. I am buying into the gap down this morning.

#11     Mar 11, 2004
  2. If you still don't understand how terrorism serves the best interests of the war and petrol makers and the example above shows that they don't hesitate to influence directly the terror events even if causing MILLIONS DEATHS well let's continue the hypocrisis and above welcome to the new terror era : like buble it can only inflate in the future. The level horror of 9/11 is the sign that it has dramatically increased.

#12     Mar 11, 2004
  3. Diode

Diode

I wasn't thinking cycles, I was thinking motives.

#13     Mar 11, 2004
  4. I doubt the Basque separatist group ETA has any interests in Al Queda's politics ...

#14     Mar 11, 2004
  5. Diode

Diode

And you're certain it's the Basques because...?

#15     Mar 11, 2004
  6. That's what they're saying right now ...

#16     Mar 11, 2004
  7. The Basque separatists have been quiet for years, but they almost pulled off the bombing of the new Guggenheim 5 years ago.

#17     Mar 11, 2004
  8. Diode

Diode

They may well be right. But remember that the first suspects in the Oklahoma City bombing were not Americans... and as I recall, Timothy McVeigh picked the date of that bombing for a specific reason. Keep an open mind.

#18     Mar 11, 2004
  9. mmillar

mmillar

ETA tried to bomb Madrid train stations twice in the past few months, but were foiled in both instances. It seems a reasonable assumption that it was them again.

#19     Mar 11, 2004
  10. Its probably ETA and it has nothing to do with the top of the staock market. Sunday is election day in Spain.

Less than two weeks ago police arrested two suspected ETA members who were heading for Madrid with a van containing 500 kg (1,100 lbs) of explosives.

#20     Mar 11, 2004