Terrorism Stocks

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dvshucks, Mar 16, 2004.

1. FLIR is another name in the electronics thermal imaging systems and infrared camera systems worldwide. Just reported blow-out numbers and raised guidance for the year.

#11     Jul 22, 2005
  2. By the way, San Francisco International Airport has asked the TSA and Congress to be the first "pilot-program" for AIR CARGO that goes in the belly of commercial airliners to be screened.

Yes, believe it or not . . .
    Four years after 911 we still do not screen AIR CARGO on commercial airliners.
    Hello, Bush Administration???
    How pathetic.

LLL should benefit from this program.

#12     Jul 22, 2005
  3. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

I agree totally. It would be SO EASY for a terrorist to find flight paths for cargo planes, ship a significant bomb with a radio controlled detonator that can receive signals from a few miles out, set up in a big city that the plane flies over, watch the skies and when you see it in a good spot, press the button, the plane blows up scattering flaming wreckage over a major metropolitan area.

The things that have worked best in our favor so far is:
    1. Terrorists are stupid
    2. They think small (with the exception of 9/11)
    3. They have their own soldiers kill themselves, so they don't need to think creatively.

Sorry, just a rant.

Cash

#13     Jul 23, 2005
  4. I like IMX

They have a handheld explosives detector that sniffs the air instead of using the wipes. Very handy unit that is said to be better than a dogs nose using some fancy technology.

Navy is testing it but have not seen a contract for a bunch of units.

Once a few sell I think it may snowball. Stock looks to be taking off but its way down from its high.

A little skeptical of the CEO but if they get some big orders it may not matter short term.

http://www.implantsciences.com/products/exp/products.html

Disclosure: I'm long the stock

#14     Jul 23, 2005
  5. hehehe....anybody else long? :D

#15     Jul 26, 2005
  6. You should apply for a job in Homeland Security. Not even Tom Ridge could have imagined such a scenario.

#16     Jul 26, 2005
  7. himself

himself

Which firms are in line for the closed circuit tv monitoring systems
    if the subways get equipment like the London tubes?

#17     Jul 26, 2005
  8. wyatt5505

wyatt5505

asei-spitting llama

#18     Nov 14, 2005