Terrorism Futures To Start Trading

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by canadian_dude, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Sick. Just like our "government."

#21     Jul 29, 2003
  2. vega

vega

Let's just say that they did trade these things. What if I took a gamble and loaded up on some futures that would pay off if something bad happens. If I made $1 million on the trade, would that be enough to cover my legal fees for my defense when Ashcroft & Co come after me ? And seriously, would anyone have even traded this if you know you have the Pentagon on the other side of your trade ? The whole damn thing is/was absurd and a PR nightmare that no one needed. I am afraid to see what comes up next.

Vega:D

#22     Jul 29, 2003
  3. vega

vega

Do you really think that the "bad guys" would be like, "Wait, before you blow up that building, double check to make sure you got filled on your futures. I'm filled, great, bombs away.........."

Vega:D

#23     Jul 29, 2003
  4. Uhh...Yea

-FastTrader :eek:

#24     Jul 29, 2003
  5. Whoever actually came up with this evil idea should not only be booted from the government, they should be tarred and feathered.

#25     Jul 29, 2003
  6. saw a guy on neil cavuto's show. said something like, "you can't tell when a bomb is going to go off." i have a hard time believing smart people couldn't anticipate it with something like this. even i probably could. :D

however, i do realize that this is a "does the ends justify the means" issue..

#26     Mar 23, 2004
  7. Not only I personally think the whole thing is sick, but also my pea nigga brain doesn't understand the trading logic.

If a trader anticipates a terrorist event and buys XYZ futures, and the terrorist event does happen, what now?
    The XYZ futures go up? Why? Who's buying now? The event already happened, the futures are worthless. So the futures go down on selling? So why buy in the first place, if once the event happens the futures will drop sharply by selling? So maybe you should short them if you anticipate a terrorist event?

#27     Mar 28, 2004