Terror futures market back in business!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by funky, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Since I have experience of my own country that became communist I can tell you the scheme that they use: they use exactly what Staline said: they use immorality to expand and then they excite the labor classes to make revolution against that. That's as simple as that.

"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."
    -- Josef Stalin (1879-1953) Communist leader of the USSR

#31     Nov 20, 2003
  2. sle

sle

Wake up, Harry, it is not insurance, it is about transfering risk. And terror futures or CAT bonds for example, are means of transfering risk. Someone has interest rate risk - I can take it from him for a nice price. Someone has drought risk - some weather derivatives trader might buy that from him too. Trading in terror futures or in mortality rate swaps is not much different - someone has exposure, he pays, someone wants exposure, he buys.

Risk transfer by insurance companies are a small fraction of the derivatives market. And I do not see why you would not scorn them - unlike derivatives trading, insurance companies reguarily try to save money by litigating themselfs out of settling, which very rarely happends in derivatives trading.

I used to work there, people dear to me died there. The terror futures market could have prevented this, simply by alerting officials to high probability of something like that happening. People who lost their jobs because of this event could have protected themselfs by buying kurtosis. I certainly hope that they catch the person who did that and place him in some cell together with some regular criminals - they would make him pick up the soap a few times a day.

Tragedy is something that a person remembers every day his entire life. That day I will remember. Death of evey one of these people is a tragedy, but combined it is a statistic. And some time soon people will start making jokes about it and writing books about it. It is true about any tragedy - 50 million people died during world war II - do you remember about it every day?

#32     Nov 20, 2003
  3. Did old Albert really say that stuff? He must have been a real smart
    guy!

What did he have to say about users of Bullets and tape painters?

#33     Nov 20, 2003
  4. bigbear

bigbear

Wow harry - you are quite the conspiracy theorist.

International Bank cartel sounds interesting as well. I will just have to take your word on that one.

I think this is a great idea. It gives the arabs an incentive ($$$$) to tell on their leaders. Simple as that. Markets know - because of the $$. Let them tell us the future. Beautiful concept.

I wished they never scrapped that idea in the first place. If there were to be a planned nuclear attack on NY. I would like to have a way of detecting it. this is just one more way. maybe this market will ease the blow to all the traders who are suffering due to lack of bullets.

#34     Nov 20, 2003
  5. bigbear

bigbear

i responded to your first message in this forum only to see you have many more messages to follow.

You might want to lighten up on your preachy conspiracy theory tag line you got there on each and every message. It is pretty obnoxious.

Start a forum about that somewhere so you can drone on in there.

#35     Nov 20, 2003
  6. You all blind, you are incapable of distinguishing between propaganda and reality: a little reminder from 1984 and don't tell me that it is just a novel because Orwell was above all journalists and fighting communism in Russia and he did write what threatens the world in the future.

"In Oceania the prevailing philosophy is called Ingsoc, in Eurasia it is called Neo-Bolshevism, and in Eastasia it is called by a Chinese name usually translated as Death-Worship, but perhaps better rendered as Obliteration of the Self. The citizen of Oceania is not allowed to know anything of the tenets of the other two philosophies, but he is taught to execrate them as barbarous outrages upon morality and common sense. Actually the three philosophies are barely distinguishable, and the social systems which they support are not distinguishable at all. Everywhere there is the same pyramidal structure, the same worship of semi-divine leader, the same economy existing by and for continuous warfare. It follows that the three super-states not only cannot conquer one another, but would gain no advantage by doing so. On the contrary, so long as they remain in conflict they prop one another up, like three sheaves of corn. And, as usual, the ruling groups of all three powers are simultaneously aware and unaware of what they are doing. Their lives are dedicated to world conquest, but they also know that it is necessary that the war should continue everlastingly and without victory. Meanwhile the fact that there is no danger of conquest makes possible the denial of reality which is the special feature of Ingsoc and its rival systems of thought. Here it is necessary to repeat what has been said earlier, that by becoming continuous war has fundamentally changed its character. "

#36     Nov 21, 2003
  7. ??? Really astonishing indeed since it is the basics !!! How insurance is supposed to be insurance without transfering risk to someone else since risk cannot evaporate by itself ? Of course there is a transfer of risk involved but this transfer of risk has not been created ad hoc but for allowing insurance to exist haha !

#37     Nov 21, 2003
  8. Where do see conspiracy theory in Reagan's report ?
    As for the rest it points toward a research from the "American Institute for Economic Research" so what's the problem haha !

Are you afraid of truth ?

#38     Nov 21, 2003
  9. bigbear

bigbear

too much for me to read in your blah blah blah posts. you gotta admit - it is big and obnoxious with the color highlighting and all.

please.

#39     Nov 21, 2003