TERRIBLE FILLS!!! how does this happen? PICTURE

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by upandcomer, Jan 19, 2011.

1. joe4422

joe4422

It's either a bad tick or your software should have filtered it out.

#11     Jan 20, 2011
  2. aqtrader

aqtrader

Interesting to know this. I see a lot of these ridiculous highs and lows a lot for many stocks almost everyday. Like viruses polluting intraday and eod data and deceiving computers and traders. Very annoying.

#12     Jan 20, 2011
  3. Bob111

Bob111

more terrible fills!!!!! :p

[​IMG]

#13     Jan 20, 2011
  4. Bob111

Bob111

totally agree. but once again-looks like nobody gives a the shit about it. impossible to do any proper back testing. i did backtest one of my ideas-200K annually. profitable every month.reality-10 times less. at least my own soft and programming knowledge gives me flexibility to filter those unrealistic fills.

#14     Jan 20, 2011
  5. most respectable charting programs can filter out those bad ticks.

#15     Jan 20, 2011
  6. gkotopou

gkotopou

rogue prints, it happens. your charting software is shite.

#16     Jan 21, 2011
  7. jo0477

jo0477

I was under the impression that these block trades were mostly done via dark pools so should they not be should be considered OTC and only post to the consolidated tape on a delay? (feel free to correct if I'm way off)

I'm going to be leaving my current job trading cash nat-gas and would like to get back into trading equities. I'd like to make sure I get charting software that filters these ticks.

thx in advance for any advice

#17     Jan 21, 2011

8. I see this happening on my TOS platform every now and then, and when I ask about it via their online chat, the standard response I get is "it's the data service provider."

TOS has a manual correction feature where you can highlight the chart and manually adjust the correct hi/low for the bar.

I'm wondering if Esignal or another charting program has the ability to catch these glitches and reset the chart automatically when it's determined that the print was bogus.

#18     Jan 22, 2011