Term Limits Now! (Here We Go Again - Maybe This Time It Will Stick)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cstfx, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Suck the life out of the working man - Corps. give jobs. Workers are free to go somewhere else.

Move jobs to other countries - Its legal and corps. will do it to survive. Pass the FairTax and you'll have to hide under your bed to keep from having a decent job.

Shelter money from taxes - Pass the FairTax and this becomes mute.

Scam the public - Penalties need to be much harsher

#51     Nov 13, 2009
  2. Please explain how fascism would apply.

#52     Nov 13, 2009
  3. You mean workers are free to go to China for the jobs that have been exported?

Have you seen companies recruiting in America for workers to go to China?

So the Fair Tax is the solution to all problem, eh?

#53     Nov 13, 2009
  4. Ricter

Ricter

An all powerful government begins limiting the vote (if any voting is even left on the table) only to a chosen elite.

#54     Nov 13, 2009
  5. Well, maybe not all problems. My wife would still spend too much money on clothes and my son would still play too much xbox, but the two problems in my post above.....yes.

#55     Nov 14, 2009
  6. An all powerful government is exactly where we're heading. Half of the people that are able to vote don't pay a dime in federal taxes. What do you think is going to happen when their numbers get even larger? They will continue to vote for the man that says he's going to give them more stuff. Look at California. That cancer is going to spread unless its stopped.

Maybe look at it like a stockholder's meeting. Would you want non-stockholders to be able to vote concerning issues of a stock that you owned?

#56     Nov 14, 2009
  7. Very funny, and I am sure you don't see the irony of someone bitching about government spending and taxes out of one side of their mouth, and then whining about what their wife spends money on from the other side of their mouth...

In both situations you sound like a victim...

#57     Nov 14, 2009