Teresa Lo

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Bonaqua, Mar 14, 2002.

1. T. Lo uses swing lines based on William Dunnigan's One Way Formula. I’ve coded the book, my understanding of Lo’s modifications and my own interpretation in TradeStation 2000i.

System modifications are best derived by watching charts. Theorizing, defining models and coding them. Private collaboration adds understanding but it’s directly proportionate to my effort …not someone elses. If you've studied Dunnigan then send me a note.

MechanicalMethod@yahoo.com

#41     Mar 16, 2002
  2. This may appear to be a forced comparison...But I honestly look at professional(i.e. people who derive their sole source of income or bulk of their income from trading) trading and professional golf as very similar fields...Like the PGA Tour where you have to EARN your paycheck from week to week, where in any given year you can find yourself bumped from the Tour and back at the Q-School...where week in and week out you have to trust your "swing" and focus almost exclusively on the "now" moment, where you are up against other professionals who have just as much talent and are as just as hungry...One year you can be at the top and two or three years down the road you can be out of the game working as a club pro or struggling on the mini-tours...

Trading is no different...One year you can really be "on" and one year you can be "off"...Hopefully, if you have enough self-knowledge you can detect if/when things are not going right mid-way through the trading day and not get annihilated...But that takes experience and objectivity, not unlike that of a professional golfer...

If you ask many of the former great pros on the PGA Tour what went wrong, you will often hear them say, that they "listened" to someone else's opinion about what the perfect swing was or they made unnecessary changes and eventually lost the "feel" for the golf swing and the game itself...The best golfers know their own swing better than anyone else and any changes they make are minor...On the other hand, amateur golfers are constantly picking up issues of Golf Digest(Active Trader, Futures Magazine) and reading articles written by "Club" Pro's who do not have the talent to make it on the big tour, but can tell anyone who wants to listen "how" to do it, but cannot lead by example...It is no different with the trading industry, you can pick up any book, magazine, etc, etc... and find plenty of opinions about how best to do it, but 9/10 times the people preaching the information are not the greatest practioners...

I am not going to claim that Teresa Lo or whomever else was mentioned as chat room trader cannot trade or does not have any worthwhile advice, I feel that it is just the contrary...She probably has an excellent grasp of trading and makes money for herself, it might not be seven or eight figures, but that is not really too important for the people she is instructing...Personally, I feel that many of these people who trade AND run advisory services are like the members of the professional tours who know that any given day they can lose their "swing"(edge) and have a whole lot of financial responsibilities without any source of income...This is not to say that they cannot trade, just that they may have a better understanding of their limits as traders...After all not everyone was born to be a Marty Schwartz, Monroe Trout or Tudor Jones...

For what it's worth:)

#42     Mar 16, 2002
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

>schlepping around the country for seminars
    she only did seminar one time at NY Expo 2000 and said it was a mistake (too many beginner questions cut into her presentation time and she was too nice to cut them off).

>hassle of promoting themselves with books and websites and newsletters,

her CD book is compilation of many live trading sessions so it is not a hassle to produce it at all, website and newsletters are morning stuff she use to gauge the market herself so it is not a hassle since she has to do it anyway

>taking credit card payments,

payment is handle by amazone & paypal =no hassle

>they love to teach for the joy of sharing knowledge with their fellow man

her mission in life (in my view) seem to be trying to save newbie from the beginner mistake and debunk the myth of 'trading is very hard only a very few can do it'

... and to think I am not even trendvue subscriber

#43     Mar 16, 2002
  4. TonyOz

TonyOz

I received an interesting email today from one of you who asked to remain annonymous:

"Tony: You should really do your research before you endorse someone like TL ... She used to post under different user names on SI and have conversations with herself to promote her chatroom. Just checkout the battles she had with Barbara Simon on SI. She used Lola and Teresa Lo at the same time ... I bet she is posting under different handles at ET as well ..."

First, I want to make sure everyone understand that I did not endorse Teresa Lo services. I just said that I met her in the past and she seemed like she was a knowledgeable trader.

Next, I don't know if the above email has any truth to it. I don't have an SI membership, and all I came up with on a search was posts on this thread http://www.siliconinvestor.com/stocktalk/msg.gsp?msgid=16028285 I couldn't come up with anything on Barbara Simon and Teresa Lo fighting. Who is Barbara Simon?

Finally, if anyone of you veteran SI members can add your two cents to this matter, it will be greatly appreciated. I really didn't think it will be a big deal if i said that I met her and that she is cute :) But when I get emails like that, it makes me nervous.

Tony

#44     Mar 17, 2002
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

Lola = TLo = good joke, lol
    Who is Barbara Simon? = nobody, never heard of her either ;-)

#45     Mar 17, 2002
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

#46     Mar 17, 2002
  7. TonyOz

TonyOz

As I said, I don't know what is going on, but i am getting some really juicy emails. Stay tuned.

Tony

#47     Mar 17, 2002
  8. TonyOz

TonyOz

The situation at hand is very ugly.

SINCE I DO NOT HAVE ALL THE FACTS, PLEASE DISREGARD ANYTHING I HAVE SAID IN THIS THREAD

I guess there is pending legal action and lots of stuff I do not care to know or discuss, so please don't email me anymore. Thanks,

Tony

#48     Mar 17, 2002
  9. Bonaqua

Bonaqua Guest

Hello Tony!

I started this thread about T-Lo . I am very sad about those "juicy" emails. I am happy for your opinion about T-Lo! Thanks for it!

And for authors of those emails: If you have some important informations to share, write it on this thread. Thanks.

Thank you to all of you for opinions, links and tips and have a nice Sunday!

B.

#49     Mar 17, 2002
  10. Dearest Brother Tony,

I urgently express my interest in the potential that I assess here, by making an entirely acceptable query as to whether the gorgeous Ms. Lo is currently available. Given that I am always on the lookout for a partner of the most exquisite variety, I would be most gratified if you would kindly enquire (on my behalf) as to the availability, or otherwise, of Ms. Lo on your next attroupement with this most venerable of traders and most beautiful of ladies.

With brotherly love.

As always,
    Candle

#50     Mar 17, 2002